2016 M2 Vs. 2017 M2

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dwilly1986
Occasional Contributor

im curious is there a big difference between the 2016 M2 series vs the 2017 M2 series?

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

I guess it depends on how you define "big difference." The 2016 M2 was an amazing driver. The 2017 model is an evolution of the 2016 and it's better in many ways, but we're not talking massive differences. That said, I switched from the 2016 model to the 2017 because the higher MOI makes it more forgiving and it sounded better.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
dwilly1986
Occasional Contributor

thanks, im really thinking of getting the 2016 M2 its more in my budget right now.

0 Kudos
3JackPar
Occasional Contributor
To me, the biggest difference between the 2016 and 2017 M2 wood lines is the inclusion of the M2 Tour fairways as a retail option in 2017. There was a Tour-only (or at least, hard to find for the amateur player) deep-faced fairway in 2016, which was highly sought after by high swing speed players, and it was apparently so popular, that they made a retail version for 2017. I was pretty happy with my previous 3 wood, but got ahold of a 2017 M2 Tour fairway with an upgraded shaft that I’d wanted to try at a good price, and it won a spot in my bag pretty quickly, with the combination of distance & playability it gave me. I haven’t had the same luck with either line of drivers in either year, but they have a winner with the M2 Tour fairways.
0 Kudos
Bomber_11
Occasional Contributor

Personally, I may be in the minority that prefers the 2016 M2 to the 2017 M2. 

There's no doubt they're both great drivers - I just feel the look @ address, feel, and overall performance of the 2016 was better. 

0 Kudos