2019 M5 & M6 DRIVERS — EARLY TESTERS WANTED

ZCwhoop90

TaylorMade Tour RocketBallz Stage 2- RocketFuel 60g graphite shaft- Stiff. 9 degrees. (Yes its about 5 years old but I love it so much and having a hard time ditching it)

I would enjoy the opportunity to be a tester of either the M5 or M6 as I have been a TaylorMade MetalWood fan my whole life, I was slightly disappointed in the Mseries I have tried previously. As someone who has been playing since I was 4 years old (now 28) I value being in control of the club, trajectory and the workabilty... distance is not a huge factor for me.  I just pre ordered the new EpicFlash 9 Extra stiff ProjectX Blacksmoke 60g (first non Taylor Made driver or 3 wood in 10 years)  as I tried a demo of that one as the ball flight control and workabilty of different shots mixed with distance felt different and superior to all the drivers I have tried previously. I have not tried out the new M5 or M6 based on previous experince with the Ms and the color scheme and graphics don't really appeal to me in the photos. I would be curious to see if it has the workability and flight control comparable to the Epic or the other new drivers I have tested lately. The big thing in golf now is speed, but for some golfers and a decent amount of the people spending 500 dollars or so on a driver I feel like shot shape should be a factor also. For instance my home course here in Austin, TX on the 10-11 holes I would hit driver, 8 of them have decent doglegs where I have to shape the ball if I really want to hit driver or I will hit it through the fairway. 

Appreciate the time and opportunity. 

Zack

0 Kudos
Mkunk10
Occasional Visitor

To the creators of the best driver in golf,

My name is Matt Kunkle, I am a 25-year-old living in Los Angeles and here is why I should be considered for being a tester of the new M5/M6.

My love for the game of golf began at a very early age. My earliest and fondest memories from my childhood are of my father taking me out on our home course, Indian Wells Country Club, after he got off from a long days work. I learned on a junior Taylormade set, and I’ve been using Taylormade ever since. Nearly everything in my bag today is Taylormade. By far, my favorite is the M4. I’ve never hit a better club in my entire life. Before making the switch to the M4, I was using the Taylormade R11. My handicap has dropped from a 13 to a 10 since switching.

I play golf about once a week, and I’m at the driving range around twice a week. I am extremely excited to try the M6, and can’t wait to see the improvements from the M4. Nothing makes me happier than trying the newest and best golf technology.

Although I feel like this message will be lost into the abyss of the Internet, I am hoping someone will notice. I have applied to probably 10 or 15 different promotions like these that Taylormade puts on, but I have never gotten a response. I am praying this will be the one.

The driver I currently use is:
Model: Taylormade M4
Loft: 9.5 degree
Shaft: Fujikura Atmos Red 5
Flex: Stiff Flex
Shaft Weight: 55G

I would love nothing more than to test the M6 alongside my M4. I have access to a TrackMan, so the results would be legitimate and correct.

I’m looking forward to January 21st, and hope that I am one of the lucky winners!

Thank you,

Matt
xxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxx

[Mod edit: Please do not share personal details as your posts are visible to the public. Thanks!]

0 Kudos
Vergie
Current driver is: Titleist TS2, Even Flow T.110,Project X, 6.0.S 65g

I would like to be a early tester as I've always had and still do have Taylormade equipment in my bag. I have always believed that Taylormade is one of the best golf manufacturer there is.
It would be great to try out the M5/M6 driver and be able to compare it to your competitors drivers.
Gordy
0 Kudos
playthrough

My current driver is a TaylorMade RBZ Tour, 9.5 deg loft, stock Matrix shaft in Stiff flex. I have no idea on the weight!

I got this driver when they came out -- it's gotta be, what, 7-8 years now? It's been the best club in my bag and nothing has come close to knocking it out. Funny story -- a couple years ago I went to see a PGA pro for an iron fitting and at the end asked him if, just for kicks, he could give me some possible new driver options (he fit into multiple brands). He said "let me see you hit a few balls with your current driver" and when I did, he said "I'm not even going to bother. You hit that far too good. Don't mess with it!"

I haven't messed with it, but I also know the RBZ is a VERY old driver by today's technology. If anything would knock it out, I imagine it might be TaylorMade's greatest new offering. I'd love to find out! If it works for me, I'll be your greatest advocate. Because all my partners have watched me hit my current driver for years and never thought I'd switch!

Thanks,

John Schwarb

0 Kudos
Theregulator64
Occasional Visitor
Current Driver:
Taylormade RBZ Rocketballz 10.5 degree driver with Matrix Ozik XCON5 Stiff Shaft (45g).

I am a single digit handicap player that has used my current driver for many years. It has always performed well and I never really felt a reason to change. I always hit a lot of fairways and always felt that was the most important thing. But I have recently thought about trying to maximize distance also as I get into my 40's. A higher launch with slightly reduced spin could benefit me I believe. I never tried the M2 or M4 because I was not a fan of the look of the crown. But the pictures of the M6 look fantastic and would love to see what it can offer!

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Ncm9909
Taylormade M3 9.5 Proforce v2 x flex 70 gram

I am a Longtime taylormade user with a high klout score as a reviewer and marketer. I usually try and promote the brand as a brand loyalist. I am happy with the m3 but am looking to have more adjustability deep in the club while keeping spin down. Just not excited about having to buy another driver so quick since i upgrade almost yearly. Nickcmartin88@gmail.con
0 Kudos
conorpatrickk
Occasional Visitor

Current Driver: Taylormade R11, Fujikura Blur Stiff Shaft, 9 degree loft. 

I've had my R11 since it came out in 2011. I remember watching the pros all playing white drivers on TV and I couldn't wait to get my hands on one. I got one that Christmas and I've had it in the bag ever since. I'd love to test the new M5 or M6 because it would be awesome to experience what nearly a decade of innovation feels like. I love my R11, but the Twist Face of the M5/M6 MUST have a leg up on my current driver. 

0 Kudos
jhickey1010
Current Driver
Clubhead: TaylorMade M3 8.5°
Shaft: Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 63g X-flex

This is a great opportunity for TaylorMade to show what has improved from the M3 and M4 lineup. As someone who works in the golf industry, I have connections to a large part of the golfing community and two private golf memberships. I would love to help the brand in a test and review of the M5 and M6. I am currently running a challenge for game improvement and I would be happy to share my experience with my followers. Thank you for the opportunity!

Team TaylorMade,

John Hickey

0 Kudos
joeysluzas
m1 project black 75 grams 8.5 loft regular flex

I want to try out the new driver because i want to see just how powerful the taylormade drivers are. My whole bag is taylormade and I always want to have the newest clubs because taylormade makes the best clubs in the world.
0 Kudos
dchorman
New Contributor

Current driver:
TaylorMade M3 460, 10.5*, HZRDUS Black 6.5, 75 gram. Tipped 1/2", Playing length 44.75".

I would be incredibly interested in being an early tester for the M5/M6 driver as I would like to see first hand how the new manufacturing process can push the COR limits of the modern driver and allow for all drivers produced be fine tuned for performance. To put a driver in play that pushes the legal limit for ball speed, employs a 66% larger sweet spot, and TwistFace for control, checks all the boxes for what I am looking to get out of a driver. Distance, forgiveness, and control. Being able to test the new product and share experiences on this site and others is both beneficial and crucial to other golfers looking for information on performance. This is a huge part of this online community, and it would be an honor to partake in this testing experiment.

Currently playing the M3, I am a firm believer in the effects of the TwistFace and Hammerhead technologies, and the new iteration of the M Series drivers with Speed Injected TwistFace will allow for even greater ball speed for my game. Everyone gets faster.

I also have access to Trackman for my full review.

Thank you for the opportunity.

DC

#TeamTaylorMade
0 Kudos