A question for the forged wedge players

Frequent Contributor

Good afternoon,

This past year i started using forged muscle back irons for the first time. I've heard multiple times that forged irons are softer and that you have to have their lofts/lie checked and adjusted every so often. How often should I get these checked? Is yearly enough? Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

@Seaghan wrote:

Good afternoon,

This past year i started using forged muscle back irons for the first time. I've heard multiple times that forged irons are softer and that you have to have their lofts/lie checked and adjusted every so often. How often should I get these checked? Is yearly enough? Thanks in advance!

Once a year is a good rule, but if you play a lot in firm conditions or practice a lot off of mats, then you might want to have them checked a couple of times. I like to check mine at the beginning of the season and then again midway through the year. Anything more than twice is overkill, in my opinion.

I have a loft/lie machine, but found it's not worth my time to check them more than twice a year.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you for the information! That's what I'll do then. I've been playing a bunch without having them checked so I'll have them checked & adjusted in the next few weeks. I've often wondered about getting a loft/lie machine, are they difficult to use? I've seen them pop up on craigslist from time to time.

0 Kudos