DJ's Spider Tour Black

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Here's the skinny on DJ's new "T" sight line on his Spider Tour Black that we won with today at Kapalua:

He was struggling with his putting end of last season, punctuated by his lost lead in China after struggling on the greens.

Keith Sbarbaro, VP Tour Operations and Duane Anderson, Expert Fitter from The Kingdom, met with him in Carlsbad at our putter lab in December. The Tour team built 12 identical Spider Tours, each with different sight lines (long, short, dots, etc.). He hit 5 putts (flat, 15 footers) with each sightline in the lab. The putters with the long lines he was aiming up to 10 inches left of the hole. The short line model(s) he lined up left edge. The one he used all last year with no line was 1 inch left of center, but the "T-line" model was right at dead center nearly every putt so he took it and next thing you know, he's winning by 8 strokes in Maui.

Hitting his M4 driver to 6 inches on 12 today, will also help to keep his putting averages down too!

DJ_PutterLab-05746.jpgDJ_PutterLab-05752.jpg

@ryanlauder66
Regular Contributor

So what you're saying, Ryan, is that DJ now has a bigger Spider collection than me. Looks I've got some work to do... Smiley Very Happy

But seriously, this is fantastic info. I've always wanted to be a fly on the wall during a fitting session with a Tour player, so any pieces of info like this that can be shared are greatly appreciated. I love hearing about the special sauce involved.

0 Kudos
TK3309
Contributor

Great info and thanks for sharing Ryan. Incredible what just a sightline or different sightlines can do for you when setting up for a putt. What a performance that guy put on yesterday. Great start to the 2018 golf season. 

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Very interesting article. Makes me want to get in that putter lab!

Thank you for the info, Ryan. I always love to get info from “behind the curtain”.
0 Kudos