FIRST REACTIONS to new M3 and M4 drivers?

Frequent Contributor

@Noodle3872wrote:

Here are the numbers from hitting my TI M2 9.8°(true loft) against a M4 9.5° (retail demo head). I warmed up hitting a SW and then a 6i. The numbers below are from hitting minimum 20 drives switching drivers after 10 balls. It was a good day with the driver too. I think the loft on the M4 was lower than marked. 

M2 9.8° with Tensei Pro White 60 stiff and TP5 ball.

CHS Average: 100.0 mph
CHS High: 101.7 mph
CHS Low: 96.3 mph

Ball Speed Average: 145.0 mph
Ball Speed High: 147.7 mph
Ball Speed Low: 139.5 mph

Launch Angle Average: 15.0°
Launch Angle High: 17.3°
Launch Angle Low: 8.7°

Spin Average: 2223 rpm
Spin High: 2665 rpm
Spin Low: 1171 rpm

Peak Height Average: 38.5 yards
Peak Height High: 40 yards
Peak Height Low: 24 yards

Descent Angle Average: 36°
Descent Angle High: 42°
Descent Angle Low: 31°

Carry Yardage Average: 252.8 yards
Carry Yardage High: 264.0 yards
Carry Yardage Low: 238.2 yards.

M4 9.5° with Tensei Pro White 60 stiff and TP5 ball.

CHS Average: 100.1 mph
CHS High: 101.2 mph
CHS Low: 99.0 mph

Ball Speed Average: 145.0 mph
Ball Speed High: 146.0 mph
Ball Speed Low: 143.4 mph

Launch Angle Average: 13.6°
Launch Angle High: 14.5°
Launch Angle Low: 13.0°

Spin Average: 1941 rpm
Spin High: 2208 rpm
Spin Low: 1588 rpm

Peak Height Average: 32 yards
Peak Height High: 36 yards
Peak Height Low: 28 yards

Descent Angle Average: 35°
Descent Angle High: 40°
Descent Angle Low: 32°

Carry Yardage Average: 261.0 yards
Carry Yardage High: 268.0 yards
Carry Yardage Low: 255 yards

So, when are they shipping your M4? Did you feel there were other benefits, like dispursion, feel, sound?

I have a M3 on order. Cant wait to hit it. Should be here this week, I hope!

0 Kudos
Noodle3872
Occasional Contributor

Sound and feel were better than my hotmelted Tour Issue K Serial 2017 M2. Dispersion was massively in favor of the M4. I hit my M2 really well but the M4 was so much straighter on all shots. The M4 average was -2 and the M2 was +21. How do you ignore that outcome? I mean, longer AND straighter! 

Super Contributor

Ordered my M3 yesterday, hoping it is shipped and gets delivered on release day. That would be great.

What shaft did you go with Ed?

#TeamTaylorMade
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

@Noodle3872wrote:

Sound and feel were better than my hotmelted Tour Issue K Serial 2017 M2. Dispersion was massively in favor of the M4. I hit my M2 really well but the M4 was so much straighter on all shots. The M4 average was -2 and the M2 was +21. How do you ignore that outcome? I mean, longer AND straighter! 

Fantastic dispersion. Wow. I love my 2017 M2, but I'm excited to demo M3 and M4 for this exact sort of thing. Today was only the second time I've hit balls since mid-October, so I have some rust to knock off before I'll get the swing to where it should be for a valid test.

At this point, I'm leaning M3 because of the ability to throw the weight up into the back toe region. That's where I've got hotmelt in the M2.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
I went with the Graphite Design IZ6X. I hear mind shipping out sometime this week so I’m pretty excited!

I’m reading more and more about people that had tour issue M1/M2 drivers that are seeing increases. That is exciting. I was concerned that my tour issue 17 M1 was going to be hard to beat. And it may still be. But I like the M3’s chances!
0 Kudos
DJnoTJ_2017
Occasional Contributor

Question for you all (and TM directly)...

I like to play a little heavier SW/Head... just got an M3 440 and I wanted to make it a tad heavier. Without hotmelt or adding tape... anyone know if there are heavier "replacement" track weights available... or when they might be? Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, they're coming. We will have 15g, 11g, 8g & 5g and they will be available at taylormadegolf.com. Don't have an exact timeframe yet though - sorry.

@ryanlauder66
DJnoTJ_2017
Occasional Contributor

Thank you! Lead tape for now!!!

0 Kudos
DJnoTJ_2017
Occasional Contributor

FYI... this thing is a rocketship (the M3 440). Have a Synergy 70TX in it.... and, holy cow... it can MOVE. Maybe just me, but it sure sets up to my eye a lot better than the M1 440 I had before. 

0 Kudos
TK3309
Contributor

I was only able to hit 4-5 balls quick at my local PGA Store but the one thing that stood out to me was the feel. It felt great off the face even with a sub par golf ball. Excited to be able to hit the M3 and M4 outside in about 4-6 weeks when the weather improves.

0 Kudos