FIRST REACTIONS to new M3 and M4 drivers?

Frequent Contributor

I've had my M3 to the driving range a few times this week. I really like the feel and performance of this driver. I went with a GD IZ 6X shaft and that feels wonderful. A different sound than the '17 M1 it is replacing, but that head was hot melted. I would think a bit of hot melt should do the trick. Does anyone still do the cotton ball trick? Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

@Ed_Settlewrote:

I've had my M3 to the driving range a few times this week. I really like the feel and performance of this driver. I went with a GD IZ 6X shaft and that feels wonderful. A different sound than the '17 M1 it is replacing, but that head was hot melted. I would think a bit of hot melt should do the trick. Does anyone still do the cotton ball trick? Smiley Wink

Only on WRX, Ed. Although I think many of them have moved on to yarn now. Smiley Very Happy

Sounds like it's not a fair comparison between your M1 and the M3. A head with some hot melt is almost certainly going to have a different audible response.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

@jll62wrote:

@Ed_Settlewrote:

Only on WRX, Ed. Although I think many of them have moved on to yarn now. Smiley Very Happy

Sounds like it's not a fair comparison between your M1 and the M3. A head with some hot melt is almost certainly going to have a different audible response.

So, tell me about this yarn deal. It will be interesting to hear your impressions after you hit the M3/M4

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

@Ed_Settlewrote:

@jll62wrote:

@Ed_Settlewrote:

So, tell me about this yarn deal. It will be interesting to hear your impressions after you hit the M3/M4

Yarn is basically the same idea as cotton balls, but it's easier to feed in through a hot melt port. I'm not putting yarn or cotton balls into my driver, however. Sorry.

Once I get a chance to knock some rust off the swing, I'm planning to do some testing with a buddy of mine who is a fitter at a place in the Twin Cities.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

@jll62wrote:

@Ed_Settlewrote:

That is true, but I have hit TM over the years with no hot melt. This M3 has a different sound. Not bad, just different. I will have to get use to it or add some hot melt.

0 Kudos
BL
Contributor

@Ed_Settlewrote:

@jll62wrote:

@Ed_Settlewrote:

That is true, but I have hit TM over the years with no hot melt. This M3 has a different sound. Not bad, just different. I will have to get use to it or add some hot melt.

I've noticed that the M3 is very loud with range balls.  Completely different sound on the course.  First time I heard it on the range, I gave a little twinge because it was louder.  Then, didn't notice it a bit on course.  Sound is still different than the M1.  Not in a bad way.  Just different.

I have noticed the M3 is longer than my M1 from last year, however.  Haven't used it on a monitor, but on course.  There have definitely been a few that have gone well past where I'd normally hit it. 

My miss is lower on the clubface, and the M3 is hotter down there than the M1 as well. 

It quickly earned a spot in the bag. 

0 Kudos
Mario_Price
New Contributor
Noticed the same thing with the range balls. The M4 sounded clunky, it was also also about 35 degrees that dat day. Will be getting my M4 irons and driver at the end of the month. Looking forwarded to getting them. I have been reading and watching reviews for the past 2 weeks. I am so ready!
0 Kudos
NM
Occasional Contributor

Mario

Please give us a review when you have them bedded in

Thanks

0 Kudos
JBro
Just had a fitting trying out both the M3 and M4 woods. M4 driver and 3 wood provided the best #s and best ball flight so now they are on order.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
NM
Occasional Contributor

Let us know how you get on !

0 Kudos