FIRST REACTIONS to new M3 and M4 drivers?

Rnava22
Occasional Contributor

I purchased my M3 yesterday and took it to the course today.  All in all I was very impressed.  However, I have one concern.  Post round I like to clean my equipment and noticed something unusual on the m3 crown.  The edge of the crown where the gray meets the black composite feels uneven.  If you run your finger on the edge clockwise to the second blue line on the crown it feels uneven and then right after the second blue line the edge feels smooth.  Has anyone else noticed this or may this just be a problem with my driver? 

0 Kudos
CoachTP5
Occasional Contributor

I have the M4 driver and love it.  I have a tendency to hit low pull hooks and this has helped alleviate it this so liking this but the only thing I have noticed is I hit a few more fades than ever before. However, I know this is an alignment issue due to playing for a big draw or a pull hook with previous drivers. 

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

@Rnava22wrote:

I purchased my M3 yesterday and took it to the course today.  All in all I was very impressed.  However, I have one concern.  Post round I like to clean my equipment and noticed something unusual on the m3 crown.  The edge of the crown where the gray meets the black composite feels uneven.  If you run your finger on the edge clockwise to the second blue line on the crown it feels uneven and then right after the second blue line the edge feels smooth.  Has anyone else noticed this or may this just be a problem with my driver? 

Yes, it is the result of the taper from the indentation on the toe of the club. From the toe, it sweeps back along the outside of the back of the head and what you are feeling is the final blend. Mine has the same charactistic.  

No worries

0 Kudos
Highlighted
BigBlueBusa

I have an M2, looking forward to hitting an M4

0 Kudos
Spencermn1
New Contributor
I have had the M3 in the bag for a few weeks now and getting more used to it. I’ve been playing the 2017 M2 d-type and it has been a fantastic driver for me. Working on finding the right setting can take a while, but I am confident this will be great once it gets dialed in. Regardless, the M2 is still in the sidelines waiting to come in if needed. Really curious of the difference in the M2 and M4. Thoughts?
0 Kudos