Favorite stick in your bag and why

HurstyGolf
Occasional Contributor

What is your favorite club in your bag? One you won't let go, your fairway finder?

-For me, this is a heavy debate between my UDI 2-iron (fairway finder) and my Ghost Spider putter. Tough to go against the flat stick since it has bailed me out one too many times....and it is used about 5X as much per round compared to a 2-iron.

Would love to hear about your favorite gamer and why!

Social Media | TaylorMade Golf
@HurstyGolf
Triednotsucking
New Contributor

Working hard to prove I'm not a shill. For versatility I really dig my Aero Mini driver; good off the grass and tees, not great on long holes. For really tough spots though I use my "yelling "Hey is that the beer cart, I'll get this round" and Adam Jones'ing a ball from deep center" found it wedge.

Frequent Contributor

I have really latched onto my new M2 HL 3w. It has been a great addition to the bag. Really great off the tee and long out of the fairway. Makes me think I can reach every par 5. At least that is what I think!

My R15 Driver is really my MVP. It has been very good right from the start.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Fairly easy answer for me: my Jason Day Itsy Bitsy Proto is in the top spot by a wide margin. I was a happy Ghost Spider S user for a couple of years (both single bend and slant versions), but there were a few changes to the putter I would have made if possible. In particular I wanted:

• A slightly smaller head in a single color. The Spider S was just a bit too big and I found the white/black combo distracting.
  • No sightline. I would align the Spider S too open because the sightline made square look too far left to my eyes.
  • An 80/20 Pure Roll insert. The standard surlyn insert is a little too soft for my liking. I like a slightly firmer feel.

Day had been playing a white Itsy Bitsy proto off and on since 2013 that was close to what I wanted, but then I saw the black version he put in the bag in mid-2015. That was it. That was the dream putter that checked off all the boxes. But how could I get one? TaylorMade had released a replica of the MC-72 he used to win the 2014 WGC Match Play, so I thought they might do something similar if he won a major. Thinking about that possibility during the US Open and Open Championship made those close calls difficult to stomach. When Jason finally broke through at Whistling Straits and TaylorMade announced they were releasing 20 of the putters...prayers answered. Ha! I just needed to be quick on the draw the day of the release.

When the putter arrived, it went straight in the bag and was every bit as good as I had hoped. Even though there were some folks selling their putters for large amounts on eBay, that was never an option for me. Never say never with putters, but I think this is going to be my gamer for a long time.

jimmycoola
Occasional Contributor

Ever since I had my grandfather's ATV 60* wedge lengthened to make up for my height, I've been able to stick it within 2 metres of the pin from within 40 metres.

Close second is my 3W ( when it goes straight ;P )

jpodolski31
Occasional Contributor

Tough choice here, but I think I have to go with my AeroBurner Driver. Previously being in the camp of "I will never play a driver with a white crown", I traded someone a wedge for it after playing one day.  Something about looking down at that club inspries confidence on the tee, and makes me feel like I cant miss, as a result I rarely do.

0 Kudos
drbrianmann
Contributor

I got my M2 3 wood abount a month ago and can't get over it. I feel like I'm cheating sometimes.

I ordered it with a stiff Aldila Rogue Silver 70g +1/2" and couldn't have picked a better setup.

It is super long and super forgiving. I am always pumped when I take off the headcover.

HillaryWyse
Occasional Contributor

My R15! I love it for so many reasons, mainly for the fact that it helps me hit the ball farther/straighter/higher.  Mine also has the coolest Fujikura shaft.  Love it also because it was a birthday gift Smiley Happy 

Regular Contributor

M2 HL 3-wood is my jam!

Content/Social Media Manager at TaylorMade Golf
Bad_At_Golf
Occasional Contributor

My Favorite club is always the newest one. Mostly because it's had the least time to prove its not the saviour I throught it would be when I bought it. Smiley Wink

This year it's an M2 Tour 3i.