First TaylorMade Club Bought?

Regular Contributor

What was the first TaylorMade club you bought? What made you purchase that particular club, and have you stuck with the brand for any specific reasons?

The first TaylorMade club I bought was the RocketBallz 10.5* driver. I always liked the style of TaylorMade, their marketing and just the overall look of the brand. It really spoke to me and it came down to little things like font, color, logos, etc.

I have stuck with the brand for all of the above reasons, as well as overall performance. I have changed with a few sets of irons, and drivers over the years, but have always stayed with the brand.

#TeamTaylorMade
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

I didn't buy it, but when I was 12yo or so my buddy brought his dad's burner bubble shafts to the range my buddies and I would mess around at. I could hit the 225y-ish fence with and my buddies were reacting like I was a RL Happy Gilmore. 

TaylorMade me cool (for a day). 

Content/Social Media Manager at TaylorMade Golf
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Rossa Siena 4 AGSI+ putter was first new TM club I bought. I also had a R7 425 Driver and R7 irons around the same time but they were used. The Siena then lead to a Kia Ma Daytona with steel insert.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

A TaylorMade Burner driver...one of the old ones with the dimples along the outside of the head. The attached pic is for reference, it isn't my old driver. I wish I still had it.

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 2.34.24 PM.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
TinkerGolfMan
Contributor

Mines was the r7! 

When I saw the marketing for with the changable weights and being able to manipiulate the flight trajectories, I was sold! 

Regular Contributor

I play in a league with multiple guys still gaming the R7. I am doing my best to get them into some new TM gear, but they love the R7, and rightfully so. Great club.

#TeamTaylorMade
TinkerGolfMan
Contributor

That's crazy you still have a couple guys rocking that club! If I brought that out with my guys, they would would look at me crazy! LOL 

0 Kudos
bmcd13
My first club was my putter. TaylorMade Ghost Tour Black Daytona. Love this thing, and it will never leave my bag!
0 Kudos
Staples
Occasional Contributor
My first TM club was an R580 I bought from **bleep**’s. I bought some R5 irons and an R7 3w shortly after. That’s pretty much when I caught the golf bug and it became my life outside of work.

0 Kudos
Hallsy24
Occasional Contributor

first taylormade club i bought was the tour burner driver. i had a buddy who had the tp tour burner and i was new to golf and just loved the look of the crown standing over the ball at address. haven't used another brand since

0 Kudos