Fitting Question

Chattdj
Occasional Contributor

A quick background on me. I am 53, smooth swing, with a swing speed of 85-90, 10/12 handicap. I have been playing with a R15 with a stiff shaft. I have decided it is time to upgrade my driver. I went to Golf Galaxy to hit the different new drivers coming out in the next week or so. I hit the M3 and M5 very close to the same, but have decided to go with the M5 for the latest tech and the look of the head. Since I wasn't one of the lucky beta testers I will be dropping a chunk of change this Friday.

Now to my question. I hit the stock Tensei 60 R shaft with a 10.5 head set up in the neutral position. In the communities opionion would it be worth my while (and EXTRA money) to go get fit at Golftec or somewhere similar where they will try different type shafts and tune in the M5 weights for the optimal ball flight?

What kind of increased performance has been seen by fine tuning the club.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Fitting is always your best bet. If you are spending that much cash on a new club it’s best to make sure it performs perfect for your specific swing. Especially if your fitting is on trackman. Optimizing those numbers with the correct shaft will be the best for your game and eliminates and guessing on what shaft to select and will give you peace of mind that you are playing the best equipment and setup for your swing. Fittings are also very fun and informative.

TaylorMade offers fittings in all states on specific days. Check the link below to see when they may be near you for a free fitting. I have been to one of these fittings and they really are great. Highly recommended.

https://my.taylormadegolf.com/myFittingExp/

Good luck and enjoy the new driver!

#TeamTaylorMade
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Fitting is always your best bet. If you are spending that much cash on a new club it’s best to make sure it performs perfect for your specific swing. Especially if your fitting is on trackman. Optimizing those numbers with the correct shaft will be the best for your game and eliminates and guessing on what shaft to select and will give you peace of mind that you are playing the best equipment and setup for your swing. Fittings are also very fun and informative.

TaylorMade offers fittings in all states on specific days. Check the link below to see when they may be near you for a free fitting. I have been to one of these fittings and they really are great. Highly recommended.

https://my.taylormadegolf.com/myFittingExp/

Good luck and enjoy the new driver!

#TeamTaylorMade
0 Kudos
Ndisanti44
Occasional Contributor

Getting properly fit will gain you the most out of your new driver. The difference between a stock club and custom fit will be significant in every category.

0 Kudos