Gapr hi, m3 3 wood or hybrid?

Braden801
Looking at purchasing a club tomorrow.
Was looking at the gapr hi, m3 3 wood and m3 hybrid.

I want something I can hit out of the rough fairly easy and also something that will help me get to the green on those pesky par 5’s. 4 iron just isn’t enough for my t-Rex arms! Any and all advice would be appreciated.

I don’t have problems hitting hybrids or woods. I plan on going to the pga store tomorrow so I can hit all 3 selections.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Have you looked at the M6 5 wood? Very easy to launch and straight as an arrow for me. I play a P790 UDI 2i that I use for the same yardage as my 5 wood but each are used for entirely different shots. Hybrids for me are hook machines so I stick with woods.

#TeamTaylorMade
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Braden801, hopefully you see this in time. It's all about personal preference here. For me, I find it easier to hit a hybrid and/or iron out of the rough. I tend to sweep my fairway woods so I tend to get caught in the thick stuff trying to advance it or pull off the hero shot with a fairway into a par 5 in that situation. So if it was me, I'd lean toward the hybrid or GAPR. 

The GAPR Hi will have a different profile than the M3 Hybrid, which is why you should definitely hit both. The GAPR looks more like a traditional long iron to me, which promotes more of an iron strike/swing. While the M3 Hybrid looks, well, more like a hybrid. Both will help promote the ball to launch higher, but I have a feeling the M3 Hybrid would be easier to hit out of rough given it's wider sole/shape (I haven't hit it though). 

What that head shape does for your confidence over the ball is what it's all about, IMO. 

Did you end up making a decision? 

0 Kudos