Gapr lie adjustment

Highlighted
OleDoomsDay

Hello

I just bought the gapr low 3 iron and I love it.  My normal lie angle is 1 degree flat and would like my gapr to be adjusted to be the same.  Compared to my irons it drives me a little nuts to see the toe in the air when over the ball using the gapr.  The shop I bought it from said they were unaware of an option to order the club 1 degree flat and it doesn't look like that is an option on the website either.  I bought it anyway becasue I hit it pretty good, and what the hell, I wanted it.  The pro I dealt with was uneasy about bending the club to 1 degree flat for fear of damaging the club.

So my question is obvious.  Can the gapr be bent to a flatter lie angle?  

With thanks and appreciation,

Mike

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @OleDoomsDay, we reached out to Patrick Baxter, our Product Creation Coordinator, on this and here's what he had to say: 

"When the loft sleeve is set to Standard, it is actually the flattest setting. 

Everywhere else you go, your either adding or decreasing loft.  As you go toward HIGHER, the club is getting more closed by roughly 1.25° with each notch, and culminating in 4° more closed on the HIGHER setting, and conversely with each notch toward LOWER you are opening the club by about 1.25°, culminating in 4° more open on the LOWER setting.  Ball flight rules would be that if you are hitting them all to the right, set your loft sleeve more toward HIGHER, and if you’re struggling with the direction to the left, set your loft sleeve toward LOWER.

We do not endorse bending the GAPR clubs for fear you won’t be able to screw in/out the shaft from the head, and you will wear the black PVD finish on the club.

If none of this works, for you, I would suggest shortening the club to shore up the lie troubles." 

0 Kudos
pkincy
New Contributor

Ran into a similar problem after a TM fitting.  I had a set of M2s at the time and the fitter suggested my next set be 1 deg flat based on my stance.  Not being ready to buy a new set right then I made an interesting decision.  I stood up a bit more and brought the ball in an inch closer to my feet at address.  Been hitting it that way since and buying standard lie clubs.  And hitting it more consistently also.

0 Kudos