Hi Toe Wedge

Highlighted
TK3309
Contributor

DJ has mentioned this wedge and now Justin Rose and Jon Rahm have won with it in their bags. From the initial pictures I like the look of it and it’s an intriguing option as I’m in the market for a new lob wedge. Anyone have any more information on this wedge or if it will be a retail option for 2018? 

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey TK3309

We're still currently testing this wedge on Tour and getting feedback from our athletes. But it seems to be working for Rose and Rahm! Smiley Very Happy We'll let you know when we have more news on a possible retail introduction.

@ryanlauder66
Regular Contributor

Looking forward to hearing more about this, as well.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

TK3309 wrote:

DJ has mentioned this wedge and now Justin Rose and Jon Rahm have won with it in their bags. From the initial pictures I like the look of it and it’s an intriguing option as I’m in the market for a new lob wedge. Anyone have any more information on this wedge or if it will be a retail option for 2018? 

Tony - some great info/pics on WRX about DJ's wedges.

http://www.golfwrx.com/482672/why-dustin-johnson-has-a-64-degree-taylormade-hi-toe-wedge-in-his-bag/

Community Manager
Community Manager

These will be present at the PGA Show in January and at retail before The Masters.

@ryanlauder66
TK3309
Contributor

Ryan wrote:

These will be present at the PGA Show in January and at retail before The Masters.

Great news. I've went away from a lob wedge the last couple years and my highest lofted wedge has been 57 degrees. I just put the P790 3 iron in the bag while taking out my prior driving iron and 3 iron so I have an extra spot in the bag. 

0 Kudos
drewcatc
Occasional Contributor

great to hear, I am going to need new wedges in 2018

0 Kudos
JamGLFR

Will a 62-64 degree version also be available in retail?

0 Kudos
Five_and_Three
New Contributor
Any indication on the loft ranges?
0 Kudos
TK3309
Contributor

Five_and_Three wrote:
Any indication on the loft ranges?

I saw somewhere that someone posted it will be available in 58, 60 and 64 degrees.

Saw a Getty Image of Rory today in Dubai and it appears he might be putting one in play too? Is that true? It's tough to confirm with the picture. From the photo it looks like the white stamp of Hi-Toe is on the wedge. Could be totally off base here too.

0 Kudos