Hi Toe Wedge

Regular Contributor

TK3309 wrote:

Five_and_Three wrote:
Any indication on the loft ranges?

I saw somewhere that someone posted it will be available in 58, 60 and 64 degrees.

Saw a Getty Image of Rory today in Dubai and it appears he might be putting one in play too? Is that true? It's tough to confirm with the picture. From the photo it looks like the white stamp of Hi-Toe is on the wedge. Could be totally off based here too.

I think I found the image. Sure looks like a Hi-Toe. Could just be doing some testing early in the week, as there were more than 14 clubs in the bag from a different image I saw.

0 Kudos
TK3309
Contributor

Got a chance to take a look at these finally over the weekend and the Hi-Toe looks even better than I thought. I was afraid the wedge would look very "big" but it wasn't the case at all. The toe setup is so much better than the PM grinds. They only had 60* at the store I was at and want to take a look at the 58* before pulling the trigger. 

Anyone else receive their Hi-Toe's yet and bring them to the course for testing?

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

@TK3309wrote:

Got a chance to take a look at these finally over the weekend and the Hi-Toe looks even better than I thought. I was afraid the wedge would look very "big" but it wasn't the case at all. The toe setup is so much better than the PM grinds. They only had 60* at the store I was at and want to take a look at the 58* before pulling the trigger. 

Anyone else receive their Hi-Toe's yet and bring them to the course for testing?

That was my first impression, also. I had concerns it would look like a pancake on the end of a stick, but those were unfounded. It looks like a wedge with a little more on the toe. I like it.

The odd thing now is that I'm addressing the ball too far out towards the toe because of the extended grooves. The bounce surfaces on the sole suggest that you're still supposed to address the ball where you normally would, but the longer grooves are visually deceiving. It might take some time to adjust to this.

0 Kudos
CoachTP5
Occasional Contributor

I just ordered the Hi-Toe wedge in the 58* ATV and look forward to having alot of success with it.  I feel this will be my money club out of sand traps and lofted chip and pitch shots. The sole width and extra grooves across the face will be benficial for miss hits.  

0 Kudos
maderarsm
Occasional Visitor

I have the 58 and the 64 in my bag, they are money!

0 Kudos
TK3309
Contributor

Was finally able to track down a 58 degree at a local Golf Galaxy. Everywhere I looked they were out of stock, backordered or no 58 degrees. Bought it on the spot and can't wait to test it out on the course. Probably another week or two before the snow is gone here though.

SteveH
Occasional Contributor

I have been using the 58 degree wedge and all I can say is "wow"...love it.

How I wish they would bring out a 54 degree one.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
TK3309
Contributor

Any update on when more lofts/bounce options will be available for the Hi Toe? Right now on the custom shop website it lists lofts from  50 to 64 degrees but no pictures yet. Intrigued by some of the lower loft options and lower bounce options in the 58-64. I like my 58 now but a lower bounce option I think would suit me much better. 

0 Kudos