Hybrids - RBZ vs newer offerings

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LLAP
Occasional Contributor

I've been using RBZ Stage 2 hybrids for several years. What could I expect to gain by upgrading to one of the more recent offerings?

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

I'm also curious if anyone has any feedback. I occasionally game a RBZ Stage 2 Tour, but since my UDI 2 takes the hybrid's place in the bag 80% of the time, I've never felt the need to update the hybrid.

0 Kudos
Thefreddyv
Occasional Contributor
That’s a a great question!
RBZ stage 2 was the second offering in our rescue with the speed pocket and was much easier to get in the air compared to the original RBZ. (One of my personal favorites btw)

Moving forward 5 years. Having been able to hit the 18’ product already. I can tell you the following in comparison to 2013:

Easier to launch (lower and back GC) and higher moi (more forgiving on off center hits.
Multi material contruction makes this possible and also provides a feel similar to the solid crack of wood bay. 3 hits is all it took for me to fall for this rescue.
LLAP
Occasional Contributor

Which 18º product are you talking about in your statement below?

"Having been able to hit the 18’ product already. I can tell you the following in comparison to 2013:"

0 Kudos
Ed_Settle
Contributor

LLAP wrote:

Which 18º product are you talking about in your statement below?

"Having been able to hit the 18’ product already. I can tell you the following in comparison to 2013:"

I think he is referencing 2018 rescues. M3/M4

I think the Stage 2 rescues are still really good. The SLDR hybrids are still in my backup bag. But, like jll62, I have a driving iron in place of a hybrid. I have trouble with a hybrid off the tee and went that route.

Certainly will hit the new stuff when they come out.

0 Kudos
LLAP
Occasional Contributor

It looks to me like the M2 and M4 are more similar to the RBZ Stage 2 than the M1 and M3. M2 descrition says it is easy to launch and has a draw bias. M4 is similar but does not mention draw bias. How does it play from rough, deck, tee? 

I do not now what previous model M1 and M3 might be similar to. The heads appear to be more compact and have moveable weights and adjustable hosel but I am curious as to the launch / flight, and ease or not of hitting out of rough, off the deck, tee, and rough.

I don't have a lot of opportunity where I live to demo so looking for info. I am going to Orlando in a few weeks and hope to find some place near there to demo.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Thefreddyv
Occasional Contributor
M4 is gonna be your ticket if you are looking for a rescue that’s easy to launch (low and back center of gravity make this possible) and easy to hit from tough lies (rough, bare lies, bunkers). It’s also more draw bias than the M3.
0 Kudos