Introducing P790 Irons

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Head over to our blog to read up on all you need to know: http://tmag.co/P790irons

If you have any specific questions for our irons R&D team, let us know by leaving a reply here and we'll make sure they dive in. 

Content/Social Media Manager at TaylorMade Golf
Seaghan
Contributor
I can't wait to try these out. The whole 'P' lineup looks amazing.. Can't wait to see which fits best for my game!
0 Kudos
BL723
When will the 2 iron UDI 790 be released?
Community Manager
Community Manager

BL723 wrote:
When will the 2 iron UDI 790 be released?

That's still in the works and strictly for TOUR as of now. 

0 Kudos
HandyManny
Occasional Contributor
I remember when the first UDI went to the public market, I had the 2 iron and would nuke the ball every single time.

I am in question about the P790 because I feel that this line should have been geared for the better golfer in mind. The speed slot coming back has me in question about what is the exact goal with this particular model. I know it's players "distance" iron.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

HandyManny wrote:
I remember when the first UDI went to the public market, I had the 2 iron and would nuke the ball every single time.

I am in question about the P790 because I feel that this line should have been geared for the better golfer in mind. The speed slot coming back has me in question about what is the exact goal with this particular model. I know it's players "distance" iron.

P730, P750, and P770 have the better players pretty much covered in terms of playability and forgiveness. In my opinion, P790 would be good for 2 types of single digit golfers. The first would be a very good player who wants more distance without sacrificing too much look and feel. The second would be a scratch golfer who doesn't play a ton or practice much. 

I know a lot of the guys in the office who are very good players will be playing P790 for that latter reason. 

I'm pretty long myself but still might put 790s in play because they're just so easy to hit and I don't notice much of a different in terms of size, offset, and topline compared to my current 770s. I know on paper it's a bigger iron with more technology, but the boys did a great job of disguising it. 

0 Kudos
TK3309
Occasional Contributor

Looks like with these having a little stronger loft I can go with a 3 iron at 19 degrees instead of the normal 2 iron and add another wedge to the bag. For people looking for a 2 iron I think the 3 iron bent 1 degree strong can replace people's current UDI's. Will these be available to pre-order on September 1st with release date September 15th?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pre-order on the first and shipping on the 15th is the deal. You can order a 3 iron bent 1° strong on our custom shop at that time as well. 

Atorrens2008
I am playing with last years m2 irons and I got to try the p790 irons last week OMG what a club but what is putting me off them is that the price of them
0 Kudos