Introducing P790 Irons

Super Contributor

@Liam - .355 taper

#TeamTaylorMade
0 Kudos
crisguy
New Contributor
Dear TaylorMade
I recently bought from you a set of M5 irons 4-p. I played these and was not happy with the performance of these irons. I do not like the feel and was not able to shape the shots I like to. I play on the golf channel am Tour. So I have to have my game on. I don’t think these irons work for me. However I would like to switch from m5 to p790 keeping with TaylorMade since I play M5 driver and 3 fairway wood and M6 3 hybrid and 50.54&60deg Hightoe wedges and TP5X ball. I was wondering if TaylorMade can switch me from m5 irons to p790 irons.
Thanks
Cris Guyadeen
0 Kudos
Golfmad
Hello can you advise just been fitted for new p790 irons on a Taylor made fitting day. He made lie1% stronger, wasn't sure what that was.. only hit normal lie in demo. Had them 3 days nightmare can't hit anything.. can they be taken back to normal lie? Going back today 😞
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Sorry to hear you’re having some trouble with your new clubs. Adjusting to new irons can always be a process of getting used to something new. I would stick it out a bit longer, no doubt you’ll figure them out and be hitting them better in no time. I switched from M2 Tour irons to P790s late last year, and couldn’t be happier with the move. It certainly took me a few weeks to get used to the change, but well worth the swap.

As far as bending the lie back to standard, you can definitely do this, just make sure you go to a reputable shop.

Good luck, keep us posted.

#TeamTaylorMade
0 Kudos
GolfBaller13
Occasional Contributor

I have been playing my P790s for over a year now and could not be happier with them. When I was fitted (it was my first fitting ever) they suggested a 2 degree up lie. I was use to play a off the shelf with a standard lie. It took some getting use to the difference but it does make a difference having clubs that are fitted properly for me. I would give them a little more to for you to adjust to the differences, just my opinion though. Although, if they were suggesting a 1 degree up during your demo I am suprised they did not have you hitting a club with that setup. 

0 Kudos
JM7863LM
New Contributor

I experienced a similar situation with my P790s. I was custom fitted by a Taylormade rep, which setup my clubs 1* flat the rest standard. I received my set and could not hit them. Turns out they were not setup to the correct specs. Some of the clubs were 1* upright and others were standard lie and not 1* flat. Also, the lofts were off. I returned them and they ordered another set. SAME THING! Returned the set again and order another set. I was told by the golf store that they have seen the quality of the TM clubs go down. After receiving my third set, I went to Cool Clubs to spec them out. Had to make a few adjustments and love the clubs.

You may want to have your clubs checked out by a reputable golf fitter. Cool Clubs uses very good technology to measure your clubs loft and lie. They even have a device that measures the stiffness of your shafts. 

Good luck.  

0 Kudos