Introducing P790 Irons

GolfBaller13
Occasional Contributor

Just tried these clubs out at the golf store and they are amazing. They look great and feel even better. For the what they cost I would love to find an opportunity to try these out on a course or at least on a real grass driving range before putting out that much money. Hopefully there will there at least be a demo day near me soon.

0 Kudos
BogeyEmAll
Occasional Visitor

I hit these...they are one of the best irons i have hit...and i am an equipment junkie...  they look great at set up..like a players iron with just a little thicker topline...but an extremely forgiving iron... I have to say i was very impressed and quite honestly I have not been a fan of TM irons... TM has really come on strong with not just irons, but wedges and putters too....they are not just a company with great drivers anymore, they have the whole package

0 Kudos
slash01
Regular Visitor

Anyone knows of demo days near west palm beach this january. Would love to try them out on a outside range. Going to to  florida from Canada. Season is over here & need new irons. Stop my choice to ping i 200/ callaway cf 16 & then on the 790. Hit all three of them a bit but would like to hit them a bit more before decision time. Out of the three I was hitting the 790 with  straigher & higher even with the 30.5 loft of the 7 irons compare the the 33 degree from ping & the 31 degree from callaway. 

Any info would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
TK3309
Contributor

My P790 3 iron arrived the other day but unfortunately golf season has come to an end here. Will be a long winter waiting to hit it outside...

0 Kudos
Migolf
Any update on the UDI 790 2 iron release date
0 Kudos
TK3309
Contributor

@Migolf wrote:
Any update on the UDI 790 2 iron release date

I heard from my local rep about a month ago that the 2 iron would be available in March in a limited quanity. With the P790s being a couple degrees stronger in loft you could find a 2 iron replacement with the P790 3 iron bent a degree or two strong as well.

0 Kudos
TimNeal21
New Contributor

Great. P family is one of the best products of TaylorMade

tim
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

I have a P-790 4 iron in the bag. It is so easy to hit. I kept the P-770 4 iron in the bag also as the 790 is 10-15 yards longer.

0 Kudos
Liam
Occasional Visitor

Hello

I have the following question: is the hosel bore of the P790 made for 0.355" taper shafts or for 0.370" parallel shafts?

Thx for your answer,

Liam

0 Kudos
richardamboy

Will the Speed foam in the P790  freeze, if so can it be replaced / Rick from Michigan

0 Kudos