Introducing P790 Irons

JRNewmachar2018

Any update on when the 2 iron the pros are all using is going to be available for the general public? Golf season just around the corner and really want to add that to the p790s I’ve purchased
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Can't say but very near future... 

Content/Social Media Manager at TaylorMade Golf
0 Kudos
Atorrens2008
New Contributor
What is the best price for a set of p790
0 Kudos
Eljames
Occasional Contributor
Hi I recently bought a set of black P790’s on ebay. Guy was a PGA Pro so i was inclined to trust plus feedback was good.

Each Iron has a serial number - they are all the same serial number - it's just that i thought the number was only supposed to be on the 7 iron?

Thanks
0 Kudos
JM7863LM
New Contributor

How many degrees can you bend a P790? 

I have a big gap between my 8 iron (153 yards) and my 7 iron (168 yards). Looking to bend my short irons (A-8) 1.5* strong. 

Owned my P790s for two months and I have found that my 7-4 irons are about 10-14 yards longer; though by A-8 irons are 5 yards shorter. Is that due to the slot?

0 Kudos
GolfBaller13
Occasional Contributor
I look at my P790 and they have the serial number on all the club heads, and I ordered mine directly from TaylorMade. So, I would think that the ones you got are authentic P790s. Hope you are enjoying them as much as I am mine.
0 Kudos
Eljames
Occasional Contributor
Hey GolfBaller,

Thanks for your reply. Great news. And yes, the irons are amazing! Pretty much in love with them!
0 Kudos
drsoos
New Contributor

Hello

My name is Mike and am new to the TM team. After years of playing Titleist I am ready to switch over to TM. Just went to the TM fitting centre in Woodbridge, Ontario and came away with a great appreciation for the P790's. I suffered a broken left ring finger last year and the surgery did not go well to the point that I cannot totally flex that finger. I have lost 5 mph on my swing speed and lost distance as well. After doing my own R & D I am ready to order the P790's as they have given me the distance that I had lost but have a bit of a dilema that I hope someone out there can relate to and perhaps have some advice. The clubs look and sit well at address except for the 9 & PW which seem big and bulky and wondering if anybody has ordered their clubs with another model as a substitue for those 2 irons. One other question for anybody, how do these clubs play out of the rough?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

A big aspect of equipment is playing what feels right to you. 770s would probably be the best solution as they are a tad smaller with less tech. You'd probably want to have them bent a bit to have them gap correctly with the rest of the 790s. The other option would be 790s up to 9 iron and then get a PW to match your wedges. 

Hope this helps!

Content/Social Media Manager at TaylorMade Golf
0 Kudos
drsoos
New Contributor

Hey Allan

Thanks for the reply and suggestion. That combo had crossed my mind and will give it some thought.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos