M1 T3 fairway wood

Highlighted
Bknoch
New Contributor
Has anyone played the M1 T3 fairway wood? Its the 13 degree tour version. I'm really seeing if the juice is worth the squeeze and the $200 price tag for the head.
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

It depends on what you're trying to accomplish to decide if it's worth it, I guess. I play a tour issue deep face 2016 M2 T3 because it helps me flight the 3w in the correct launch window off the tee. I hit 15 degree fairway woods too high from the teeing ground. The trade-off is that the M2 T3 is harder to hit off the fairway, but 9/10 times I'm using it from the tee and not the turf, so it's worth it to me.

0 Kudos
Bknoch
New Contributor
Thanks for the reply, there's not a lot out there to try before you buy, but I like the set up
0 Kudos
Fawkesy
Where can you buy these as I’m looking for one and didn’t think TM did a 13 degree fairway?
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

@Fawkesy wrote:
Where can you buy these as I’m looking for one and didn’t think TM did a 13 degree fairway?

They're tour only, but can often be found through a few places that sell tour issue gear.

It's too bad TaylorMade doesn't sell a strong 3w any longer. Callaway still sells their 3+, as do other brands, but they're hard to find if you want something recent from TaylorMade. I switched back to my old 13 degree V-Steel this year. The shape of the 2016 M2 T3 I had been using just didn't fit my eye. I prefer the M1/M3 shape, but it's difficult to find a T3 in those models without paying an arm and a leg.

I have a high angle of attack on tee shots, so I hit 15 degree fairway woods too high off the tee. As I stated earlier in the thread, the 15 degree is fine off the turf (perhaps better), but 90% of my 3w usage is off the tee, so I'd rather optimize for that shot. If TaylorMade released an M3 T3 tomorrow it would be an instant buy.

0 Kudos
jason06230
Occasional Contributor

Well, this might be one of those clubs that does not fit for everyone, I might be lucky enough to be in the general targeted audience. Although it may not be the greatest club, but it's not too bad either

golfdrivers
0 Kudos