M3 Carbon Fiber Cracks

Kawik33
New Contributor

Is Taylormade or anyone aware of carbon fiber on the bottom of the M3 Driver? I've had the M3 since it's release and noticed some difference in acoustics couple weeks ago. This past weekend when I was making some adjustments to the weights I noticed cracking on the bottom below the weight track. IMG_7617.JPG

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I think your best bet for some sort of resolution would be to contact TaylorMade through their normal customer service channels instead of this forum, or perhaps through the place you purchased the M3. Good luck.

Rosshend09
Visitor

I have the exact same issue - cracks look in identical place.

I am planning going back to the pro I purchased from this week. Will let you know what they say.

sryman76
New Contributor
Exact same issue here. I will be interested to hear whether this is purely cosmetic or requires attention. Glad I’m not the only one!
Waikato21
My m3 is also cracked in the same spot and I’m really worried cause it’s such an expensive driver
0 Kudos
Kawik33
New Contributor
I was able to take my driver back to the dealer whom I purchased it from, and they swapped out the head for me and did the warranty exchange with Taylormade
0 Kudos
Highlighted
sryman76
New Contributor
I’m guessing D’s SG may not be so accommodating, but it’s worth a shot. Thanks for the suggestion.
0 Kudos
pdevoogd

I was thinking about buying this driver from my friend. Is this cosmetic or structural? Is it under warranty and for how long? Do you need the original receipt or if I purchase it used, will it still be valid? 

0 Kudos
Kawik33
New Contributor

From what I understand it's a warranty issue and according to TM Warranty it's good for a year. Fortuantely for me I was ablet to take mine back to Roger Dunn and they just swapped out the head for a new one. 

0 Kudos
Boan25
New Contributor

Did your dealer ever say if it was just a cosmetic issue or did the cracked carbon fiber affect performance? Mine has done the same thing.

0 Kudos