M5 & M6 Drivers Official Thread

Community Manager
Community Manager

Here at TaylorMade HQ, we're extremely excited for golfers to experience our new M5 and M6 driver series ft. Speed Injected Twist Face. Until our new tech hits golf shops on February 1st, this thread will be your inside source for any product related questions and comments. 

If you're hungry for info regarding M5 and M6, here are a few good places to start: 

Also, this past December, we had a private launch event for employees and media partners here in Carlsbad. We invited two of our most active community members to join. @jll62 and @TK3309 were kind enough to attend and document their experiences. This was a great opportunity to better connect with our community members and something we'll look to do more of moving forward. You can read detailed reviews of their experiences here: 

We're also holding an early testing sweepstake exclusive to TaylorMade Community members! Just respond to the following entry thread for a chance to be selected as 1/10 early testers: ENTRY THREAD

Don't hesitate with any comments or questions! We'll even route tech questions to our product experts if needed. 

Content/Social Media Manager at TaylorMade Golf
TinkerGolfMan
Contributor

Are the current shaft adapters for the 2019 Drivers compatable with previous model shaft adapters? 

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TinkerGolfMan Yes, they are. 

TinkerGolfMan
Contributor

@SteveBreazeale any new updates to the new shaft adapters? 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I noticed that the lofts available for the M5 and M6 are now 9, 10.5, and 12 instead of the 8.5, 9.5, 10.5, and 12 offered with the M3 as well as the stock length being 1/4" longer. Was this a manufacturing decision to allow for less heads to be built and stocked, or was this for a performance design reason? Is there a different adjustment interval on the sleeve for this year, or will it be the same as last years sleeve adjusments?

#TeamTaylorMade
0 Kudos
Highlighted
TinkerGolfMan
Contributor
@MCGolfTM Good info here!
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Also, I am curious how the M6 sits at address. I found the M4 to appear open at adddress, while the M3 felt much more neutral to me. Should we expect a similar address look from the M6 to the M4?

#TeamTaylorMade
Community Manager
Community Manager

Waiting to get an official answer from our product experts on the loft change. 

As for how the M6 sits at address, there are too many subjective factors to say. For example, I feel like the M4 sits closed and the M3 sets neutral. You might have more or less loft, more forward press, different ball position, etc. all affecting how the club sits. Only thing I can confirm from my POV is both sit nicely. I wouldn't take anyone's word for it, just plop em down once they start showing up in stores. 

Content/Social Media Manager at TaylorMade Golf
Regular Contributor

Agreed. Everyones perspective is slightly different. They both do look good at address, I just noticed that for me the M4 would roll open slightly during my setup where the M3 stayed right in place.

#TeamTaylorMade
TinkerGolfMan
Contributor

I need to see what the new drivers look like in person. Can't wait to see these bad boys in hand! 

0 Kudos