NEW Spider Tour Putters

TK3309
Contributor

With the release of the new Spider Tour putters is anyone looking to make the switch into any of the new models? I have the Spider Tour Black right now but have had success with center shaft putters in the past and that one is catching my eye. I think the L neck will also be very popular. What's everyone else think?

https://www.taylormadegolf.com/taylormade-putters-spider/?view=grid 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I'm interested in trying the center shaft model, but I'm disappointed it's only an option for Spider Tour Red because I prefer the 80/20 insert that's in the Black. I wish there was a custom option where we could choose what insert we wanted, and perhaps even sightlines.

0 Kudos
TK3309
Contributor

@jll62wrote:

I'm interested in trying the center shaft model, but I'm disappointed it's only an option for Spider Tour Red because I prefer the 80/20 insert that's in the Black. I wish there was a custom option where we could choose what insert we wanted, and perhaps even sightlines.

Would be a great feature. I like the look of the black but I've changed the insert I like more and I like the softer feel of the insert in the Red Spiders now. Less click to it. 

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

@TK3309wrote:

@jll62wrote:

Would be a great feature. I like the look of the black but I've changed the insert I like more and I like the softer feel of the insert in the Red Spiders now. Less click to it. 

I have always liked the 80/20 insert. I really like that feel so, I guess I like the click more. I like that TM has a variety of inserts, but it would be great to pick your insert.

Or just get Kia Ma to make you a one off! 

I guy can dream, can't he?

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

@Ed_Settlewrote:

@TK3309wrote:

@jll62wrote:

I have always liked the 80/20 insert. I really like that feel so, I guess I like the click more. I like that TM has a variety of inserts, but it would be great to pick your insert.

Or just get Kia Ma to make you a one off! 

I guy can dream, can't he?

Sure. There's one way to get Kia Ma to make you putter.  #PlayBetter  Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
kiwilink

I just bought the new 2018 Spider Tour red and it came with 2gram weights.  I ordered 2017 weights for the 2017 Spider Tour red and they did not fit because the threads were not the same.  The weights on the Taylormade website looked like the Amazon 2017 weights.  Does anyone know if the weight threads changed between 2017 and 2018?

I have attached a picture of the 2017 Red Spider Tour weights that would not fit my 2018.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

coming soon...

Content/Social Media Manager at TaylorMade Golf
0 Kudos