New P·760 Irons

Regular Contributor

@Allan wrote:

Adding to Jesse's note, 760s will be played on tour and tour players are far more discerning when it comes to their equipment. If the progression was funky in terms of sound and feel, we'd be greatly disserving the type of golfer these irons were intended for. I wouldn't think twice about that being an issue. 

@MCGolfTM - Listen to Allan. Tour player validation is a little more valuable than my own personal perception. Smiley Very Happy

Super Contributor

I would say both perpectives are equally as important. That is the beauty of this community!

#TeamTaylorMade
0 Kudos
cwehkrae
Occasional Contributor

I really like the look of the P700 series irons. Looking to get rid of my outdated Titleist DCI irons. Can't wait to test the P700 series. Any recommendations? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
KC4441
Occasional Contributor

Just put these in the bag before the snow hit, and I was very impressed with feel and performance.  Although, I had the lofts checked after ordering my set, and some were pretty far off.  Once that was fixed I was much more confident in them.  

0 Kudos
Super Contributor
I would ideally purchase a set with 1* strong to get my spin down a touch and then the lofts will need to be done as part of the custom build from TM. This should eliminate the issues of stock lofts being so far off.

#TeamTaylorMade
0 Kudos
KC4441
Occasional Contributor

I actually order them .5 degrees strong, and they were still pretty far off to be honest.  

0 Kudos
Super Contributor
That’s surprising to hear. I guess it all depends if they just take the existing loft and go strong .5*, or if they are going to a specific loft to get them dead nuts wjere they’re supposed to be to your custom order.

#TeamTaylorMade
0 Kudos
Staples
Occasional Contributor
I’ve had these for about a month now with mixed feelings. I love the look and feel, but am seeing some issues compared to my previous Mizuno irons. I think my shafts may have come a touch short from std and the lie may be a touch upright. I’m seeing a lot of lefts, which isn’t a typical iron miss for me. I’m going to go get lofts/lie checked and may swap shafts back to what was in my Mizuno...KBS $-Taper instead of the DG120’s. Overall, these irons look so good though.
0 Kudos
notdrj
Occasional Contributor

I saw my fellow Duke grad, Adam Long, had the P760s in the bag for his win at the Desert Classic.  The shot on 18 to set up the birdie putt was unreal.  I'm definitely planning on giving these a spin soon down at the Performance Studio @ Poppy Hills.  Only question is should I prioritize the M6 fairway fitting first? 

P.S. Thanks again to @Allan for introducing me to @Thefreddyv down at Poppy! 

Super Contributor
Good showing from Jason Day this week at Torrey with the P760s. Off to a great start on tour. Would love to see these in more tour pros bags.

#TeamTaylorMade
0 Kudos