Nicholas's M5 Driver Review

Nicholas_Penrod
New Contributor

My current set up is the M4 driver with the Project X Hzrdus 63g stiff shaft in it. I like the consistanty in the driver and the forgiveness too. I get a solid ball flight and the perfect amount of spin coming off the club as well as the distance averaging 280-300 yards. I dislike the inability to adjest the weights, during the season I had a few hiccups and I needed adjustments that I was unable to make. In a new driver i would bne looking for the same forgiveness but with with more adjustbility. I would like a sleek look that is pleasant everytime I set the club down behind the ball. 

When testing the M5 I really loved the look, I thought it was different and refreshing while still looking comfortable behind the ball. I loved the carbon fiber on the crown and the shape of the head. I thought the weight track looked really good. The one part of the club I found slightly off putting was the thinner silver line on the crown. My eyes were used to the thicker line of the M4 so it did take some time to get used to.

The sound and feel of the M5 was extremely nice, it sounded sturdy as well as feeling comfortable. I liked the sound of the M5 slighty more than the sound of the M4. When I hit the ball it sounded like I made strong contact with the ball as opposed to sounding "pingy" for lack of a better term. It also felt comfortable and I had no problem with swinging the club becuase it felt so nice.

I felt like the driver performed extremely well, I felt like the overall performance very well and I felt like the driver fit me too. I would recommend the M5 to an abover average player looking get more distance out their tee shots and still have the adjustability in the club. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback! It's funny, obviously, I've played each years' drivers and the smaller crown always takes a bit to get used to, then you get used to it and look back at the old stuff and it feels archaic. Have you used the adjustability of the M5 at all? Notice any difference in ball flight in terms of it launching hire, left bias, right bias, etc? 

Also, if you need any help dialing it in, we're here to help! 

Content/Social Media Manager at TaylorMade Golf
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

@Allan wrote:

Thanks for the feedback! It's funny, obviously, I've played each years' drivers and the smaller crown always takes a bit to get used to, then you get used to it and look back at the old stuff and it feels archaic. Have you used the adjustability of the M5 at all? Notice any difference in ball flight in terms of it launching hire, left bias, right bias, etc? 

Also, if you need any help dialing it in, we're here to help! 

My reaction every year:

Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 4.55.47 PM.png

0 Kudos