P790 Irons or the new M3 Irons

richbrady15
New Contributor
The past few years I was playing the m2 tour irons then the m1 irons which were positioned as its replacement. I am a mid handicapper and found them to be very forgiving and give me tons of distance. I had an iron crack along the face and ended up switching to the p790’s and couldn’t be more happy with it. I have the 3-PW with C-taper lite x (115g) shafts. I’ve been really impressed with how forgiving they are, shots off the toe still get up in the air and carry maybe just 10 yards short. My misses are right and I’m noticing they aren’t very offline which has given me a ton of confidence. All in all I’ve been super impressed with these irons, my favorite set to date. I agree wth what’s been said regarding the chuncky topline but I guess it’s the price you pay for the added forgiveness. I love these so much I’m picking up the UDI to complete the bag!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Jpfonseca
Occasional Contributor
This is probably not what Taylormade want to hear but I am still hitting the R9TP I had custom fit when they launched them and I still love them. I saw the 790's in the store and they are beautiful looking irons. I am waiting for a demo day to compare my 7 iron down. The M3 wasn't available yet at the store but by may when i usually got to my first demo day it will.
0 Kudos
jfacteau
New Contributor

even though I am looking at the P790 irons the RSi 1's are still in my bag and it is ging to take something special to get them out.

0 Kudos
jfacteau
New Contributor

Don't know if you made a choice yet but I bought the P790 irons, after 3 shaft fittings I thought I was all set but my irons are now back at TM getting new shafts, TM is being fantastic to work with on this but I took out my Rsi 1 irons to play and feel like a fool getting away from them. Might just sell the P790's when they come back.

0 Kudos
jfacteau
New Contributor
I agree with you. I went from Rsi 1 to P790 and regret the move. The P790 just feels to heavy, I'm going to look at the M6 in the next couple of weeks.
0 Kudos