Pirchryn’s M5 Driver Review

Pirchryn
New Contributor
First off I would like to thank TM for selecting me for the honor of being an early tester. Few notes about myself. I am a mid handicapper (8). Play 3-pw p790’s. My driver carry on average is about 270 with 4500 spin (super high with driver). Now let’s get to the meat of the topic.

When I first grabbed the m5, wow the lines on top are amazing. Especially when compared to my epic sub zero. They club felt so comfortable in my hand.

Next I flipped over and made some weight changes to draw bias as I sometimes have too much fade in my ball flight and moved the other weight forward to reduce the spin.

OK...all set to swing this baby. My swing was all excitement with a big let down to my need to CRUSH the ball hence the overswing and bad contact. Now time to settle in I proceeded to hit the driver with my normal swing and WOW. The sound off the face is amazing, my carry was 2 yards more on average but my spin was way down 2700, so I was getting more total yardage due to the reduced spin. Ball flight off the face was penetrating and I cannot wait to get this in play all season long. Looking to lower the handicap with this bad boy. Next up is m5 3 wood is going in the bag.
rbauchman
Contributor

Thanks for posting your feedback @Pirchryn Great to hear about the impact on spin. What is the loft and did you change those settings at all?

Pirchryn
New Contributor
@rbauchman my drive loft is 9.0 set lower by 1.0 degree. I did change the setting on the weights to a draw weight and moved the weight to the front of the head to reduce some spin.
Highlighted
drewcatc
Contributor

thanks for your review and congrats on being chosen to review for us!

kb2313
Occasional Contributor

Wow thats a huge difference in spin - 

0 Kudos
spggolf

Which shaft model and flex do you have in the M5?

0 Kudos