Share Your Weight Settings for a Chance to Win an M3 Driver!

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
We’re conducting some research on where everyday golfers are placing their sliding driver weights. If you have an SLDR, R15, M1 (2016 or 2017), or M3 driver, please take a picture of your weight setup and attach it in a comment to this thread with 1-2 sentences explaining why you position the weights in that setup—you’ll be automatically entered to win a 2018 M3 driver!  

If you don’t have a driver listed above, you can still participate by visiting a golf shop near you to get fit for an M3 driver. Once the fitter gets you dialed in, share the photo of the weight placement with 1-2 sentences explaining why you were fit into that setting, and you’ll be entered to win as well.  

We greatly appreciate your insight!

Content/Social Media Manager at TaylorMade Golf
TK3309
Contributor

4FCDE231-C2CC-4779-A8DB-E268CA7B7DD7.jpeg

The back track weight is all the way back for increased forgiveness and better feel. The front track weight is set to neutral because I don’t want any directional bias from the club face. 

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Your odds are looking pretty pretty pretty good right now...

Content/Social Media Manager at TaylorMade Golf
MCGolfTM
Contributor

Stock, locked, and ready to rock. Currently playing the stock set up on the M3 460. I changed the settings numerous times to gain different ball flights, but came back to this set up. The touch of forgiveness in the back weight helps with line, and the front weight gives me piercing ball flight. Absolute draw machine!2.jpg

#TeamTaylorMade
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Here is my setting as it is now. I think I would really like to add an additional weight just barely in the draw track and see if straightens my slight fade up a bit.

M3 weights.jpg

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I couldn't pick just one. Weight is always a bit to the toe side to help slow the rate of face closure through impact. On the 2016 M1, the weight was forward to fine tune spin.

TM-Weights2.jpg

0 Kudos
butch_12
New Contributor

I have a natural fade so I put the weights at the heel to help straighten it out or possibly get a little a draw.  When I have them in the center I hit to much of a cut.

R152.jpg

0 Kudos
BL
Contributor

Weights.jpgHere's how my M1 and M3 are set up.  The M3 easily overtook the M1 in the bag this year.

I like to play a low torque, heavier driver shaft, to I'm usually looking to add a bit of weight to the head.  The M1 however didn't need extra - it's shafted at 45" with a Matrix Reign Black G-70B.  As the shaft is a bit counterbalanced, the swingweight worked out perfectly somehow. 

The M3 is a different story - currently has an 85+g Fujikura Evolution III in it, so I needed the extra weight in the back. 

I've tried different weight combinations and locations in the original M1, 2017 M1, and the M3 (never got along with the SLDR driver).  In general, weights too far forward to me throws off the balance of the clubhead - you almost only feel the face, and the rear of the head is too light.  For me, they need to be spaced out a bit so you get more feel for the head.  Also, weights all too far back causes the opposite problem - as the back of the head feels heavier and you lose feeling in the face. 

0 Kudos
Mmackeigan
Visitor
I choose the draw setting as I normally fade all my woods. Having it in draw setting is a little bit of a safety net for me if I over do it. Most of the time its a perfect 3-5 yard fade!
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

@BLwrote:

Weights.jpgHere's how my M1 and M3 are set up.  The M3 easily overtook the M1 in the bag this year.

I like to play a low torque, heavier driver shaft, to I'm usually looking to add a bit of weight to the head.  The M1 however didn't need extra - it's shafted at 45" with a Matrix Reign Black G-70B.  As the shaft is a bit counterbalanced, the swingweight worked out perfectly somehow. 

The M3 is a different story - currently has an 85+g Fujikura Evolution III in it, so I needed the extra weight in the back. 

I've tried different weight combinations and locations in the original M1, 2017 M1, and the M3 (never got along with the SLDR driver).  In general, weights too far forward to me throws off the balance of the clubhead - you almost only feel the face, and the rear of the head is too light.  For me, they need to be spaced out a bit so you get more feel for the head.  Also, weights all too far back causes the opposite problem - as the back of the head feels heavier and you lose feeling in the face. 

Now we are talking! How much weight did you add? Did you leave the stock and just add the 3rd?

That third weight is ticket for me.

0 Kudos