Spider Putter Line

Regular Contributor

What alignment feature do you use on your Spider? Since the release of the my spider, there are more standard options, but did you go with a custom line? Or maybe you prefer no line.

I gamed the Spider Limited (red/black) with white sight line for a while and liked the line, but the double bend neck did not fit my stroke. I switched to the Spider Tour Black and was putting great with no line. Eventually that stopped and I ended up doing a custom black line as seen below. I really like the subtle line as I feel the white line is too bold for my eye.

2.jpg

#TeamTaylorMade
TinkerGolfMan
Contributor

Is there a way to order a custom spider that just uses the normal spider logo and not "My Spider"? 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Not that I have seen, but I really would like to be able to create a custom putter and leave the standard Spider Tour sole plate, as it looks much better. I suppose you could always try to swap the plates out yourself?

#TeamTaylorMade
Highlighted
TinkerGolfMan
Contributor

LOL! How would that be accomplished? Heating the plate until the glue gets loose? 

BigMuffin
Occasional Contributor

I have the spider tour black, the first one with no line on it, and I love it. I feel like with a line I am always second guessing my aim on the green and with no line I am more free to trust my set-up and just putt.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
I was the same way when I went to the Spider Black with no line from my Spider Limited with white line. I found I could just putt without focusing on the line as I would use the ball for alignment. Since then I have actually stopped putting with the ball line and started to just feel the putt after adding my subtle black line on the putter. It gets the line started and then it’s just all feel, and I have been having way more success.

#TeamTaylorMade
0 Kudos
Staples
Occasional Contributor
I love my spider Tour black, but ordered a customs my spider a while back. I loved the T-line, but didn’t like the feel of the face compared to the original spider Tour with the aluminum(?) insert. The custom spiders have the black insert like in the red spider. Well, I saw two Spider Tour Black putters with the t-line at PGA SS in Myrtle Beach a few weeks ago. I’m still kicking myself in the butt for not buying once since they had the aluminum insert. I have not been able to find one anywhere else, not even on TM’s website. Not sure how they received them, but they definitely had 2 brand new in plastic.
0 Kudos
drewcatc
Contributor

the My Spider has an aluminum insert (3mm).  the Tour Spider black has a FIRM SURLYN insert, the Red and Diamond a soft.  

0 Kudos