THE UNIQUENSS OF TRINITY FOREST CLUB IN DALLAS

jason06230
Occasional Contributor

Nine miles south of the ninth most populous city in the United States, Trinity Forest Club could be an ideal place where phone service and celebrities might throw themselves in. Course developer Jonas Woods thinks it is "escapism."
Contrary to what the name might suggest, very few trees are spotted inside its boundaries, which is a huge problem to finding shade from the Texas sun.
The golf course employed a "links style" design even though the nearest coastal area is 300 miles away. Neither views of the sea nor cool ocean breezes against you are expected but dry and hot wind.
Frazar, part of the first private corporation hopes his fellow pros instantly love the course as he does. But he knows that’s not impossible. At least not this week.
“I'm not so much worried about what they think right now,” he says. “I'm not so worried about what they even think six months from now. I care very much about what my peers think year one, year two, year three. We're trying to make this thing great 25, 30, 35, 50 years down the road. … There’s always resistance to change. We can’t hide that.”
Coore won’t get surprised either if the early reviews are still confusing. “Because the course’s character is different,” he noted in a written explanation of the design, “some players will embrace Trinity Forest right away. Some will not.
“It may take time.”
Thanks to its distinction and uniqueness, Trinity Forest has received a wide variety of reactions since its opening in later October 2016.
Golf Digest called it “night and day from any other venue” on the PGA TOUR but also want that it was “a big risk for everyone involved.” The local Avid Golfer magazine called the course “pretty freaking awesome unless you simply have a dislike for Crenshaw designs.” The local newspaper, The Dallas Morning .
Links magazine suggested the course will “rattle some players … just as the great Scottish courses like St. Andrews, Troon, and Dornoch frustrate players with odd kicks, funky bounces and tough greens, so will Trinity Forest.”
“They were still figuring out that golf course,” Frazar says. “The first two or three years that thing was out, people were pulling their hair out. They didn’t understand the humps and the bumps. They thought Pete Dye was insane.
“But you look at how things soften over time and where technology takes people and agronomy. A lot of great golf courses kind of settle in over time.”

golfdrivers
0 Kudos