TP5 & TP5x Golf Balls

Community Manager
Community Manager

@jll62 wrote:

Had a chance to get in 18 yesterday and put the TP5 into play for the first time. The feel around the greens and off the putter is incredible, I loved the slightly more penetrating flight of the irons (good call @Allan), and the wind performance is still superb.

Looking forward to really putting these through their paces once the season gets rolling.

Good to hear! I finally flushed out my TP and will be making the full move into TP5 this week for some windy texas golf. I played a couple rounds with TP5 when we launched in West Palm Beach and felt like I was giving something up when I was playing something else. They're addicting.

Going to have to dial in some new gappings for my irons. 

Content/Social Media Manager at TaylorMade Golf
Community Manager
Community Manager

When I first heard of the new tech in this ball and what our R&D and testing teams were seeing I wasn't sure if they were just selling me or if it was true. To be honest I've never noticed drastic changes from ball to ball, it's always come down to look (cover gloss) and feel around the greens. Played ProV1x throughout HS/College and switched to TPX a few years ago. TPX is a really solid ball, but nothing that would change my game or anything I would think about while playing. I got to test the TP5x in front a bunch of different retail partners about 3-4 months ago and put it head to head against TPX at the kingdom, and this was live (proof how much faith our R&D team had in this balls performance).  I did it 3-4 separate times on separate days for different accounts and every time I gained 3-5 yards with a 7-iron and 9-12 yards with a 4-iron (distance changed depending on wind/weather). The ball just stayed so much straighter even on a slight miss than the TPX, it was crazy. I've never visibly seen a ball stay straighter on the same strike, I didn't believe it and wanted to keep hitting balls and trying different shots. Needless to say, I was sold then and truly think it's the best ball that has ever been made. I've probably played about 10 rounds with it so far and I have no complaints. Feels great, performs really well, stays in the air into the wind, can flight it down, or launch it really high if I need too AND the durability is no different than any other TOUR ball I've ever played. 

The ball is the real deal and definitely recommend everyone go try it out when you can. Play a few holes with it side by side to your current gamer and see the results. I truly dont think your current golf ball will beat it at any category or any shot, it is that good.

Social Media | TaylorMade Golf
@HurstyGolf
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

As a TP / TPX player these balls are on the top of my list to try out! I've heard so many positive things that I really want to try them out for myself!

0 Kudos
drbrianmann
Contributor

Still haven't played these yet. Hearing nothing but good things from @jmvlaw

0 Kudos
jmvlaw
New Contributor

Better than Proooo veeeee oneeee

0 Kudos
Toddger23
New Contributor
Started using them about 3 weeks ago and just love them. Have gained distance off them plus the feel around the greens is awesome.

I played Nike RZN for years until they quit and these balls are even better
Highlighted
BCULAW
New Contributor
I l've played the ProV1x for years, and never spent much time considering whether another ball would actually improve my score. I had a chance to put the TP5 and TP5x through their paces the last few rounds, and am more than impressed. I was looking for an increase in distance off the driver and irons, and believe I have gained some, but I honk most telling is that I shot my two lowest scores in a year playing this ball. Fairways and greens galore, and I am starting to think the ball has had an impact. I assumed that I would prefer the X, but really like the feel and overall performance of the TP5 so far. I'm goi g to keep tinkering over the next few weeks as the weather warms up, but one of these models of ball will be in the bag this year.
drbrianmann
Contributor

I played the Nike RZN for 2 or so years too. I still haven't hit the new TMade balls. Waiting on @jmvlaw to give me one to hit........ Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BCULAW wrote:
I l've played the ProV1x for years, and never spent much time considering whether another ball would actually improve my score. I had a chance to put the TP5 and TP5x through their paces the last few rounds, and am more than impressed. I was looking for an increase in distance off the driver and irons, and believe I have gained some, but I honk most telling is that I shot my two lowest scores in a year playing this ball. Fairways and greens galore, and I am starting to think the ball has had an impact. I assumed that I would prefer the X, but really like the feel and overall performance of the TP5 so far. I'm goi g to keep tinkering over the next few weeks as the weather warms up, but one of these models of ball will be in the bag this year.

You wouldn't believe the amount of feedback we get that is essentially what you shared here. I love the TP5 as well because of the feel and a little lower trajectory. 

Glad you like em!

Content/Social Media Manager at TaylorMade Golf
0 Kudos
The303
Occasional Contributor

Need to try them. Right now, have 3 boxes of Project A that need to be used up.

0 Kudos