TP5 & TP5x Golf Balls

LowhadicapChef7
New Contributor
I Got the tp5 the day it came out. Love that ball from driver to putter. I get so much more feel worth this ball. I've been putting much better. And been a lot more accurate with my irons. Now just can't wait to try it the new irons with the new ball.
bigeck
Occasional Contributor

as a high handicap player i often get ridiculed for using 'premium' balls, but i play with what feels good and for the last year its changed between the pro v1x and the tour preffered x and honestly not a big amount of change between the 2 for me personnaly. then i was lucky enough to get my club pro's new tp5x a couple weeks before release, and now i wont play anything else. Its everything i need in a ball, its long, even the 5x feels soft, has a great feel off the putter and even with my poor wedge skills i can make it check up quick on a short pitch, my only thing i dont like is the putting line, for me its too busy so i dont use it

BL
Contributor

After a few rounds with the TP5X, the difference in notice most is in the mid-irons (5, 6, 7) and on full wedge shots.  The ball seems to want to fly straighter than previous versions. I've picked up about 5 consistent yards with the mid-irons.  With the wedges, it's easier to flight the ball a bit, possibly from reduced spin, but keeping the ball down a bit with full 52, 56, & 60s has always been a bit of a struggle; I'd find it tough to do consistently with last year's TP X.  

As far as other comparisons... they're definitely more durable than the TP X, but they seem to feel firmer on shorter shots around the greens.   

Overall, definitely a solid ball.   I'll be placing my order for the year once the custom #s coming out - hopefully soon. 

swatgolfer
New Contributor

Bought two dozen TPX5. Thought I would use them when the Tour Prefferreds ran out but I played with one an can't go back. Birdied the first hole I ever played with them. 

Plus5Golfer
New Contributor
Hear Hear Very Very Well Spoken My Friend & Yes The All New TP & TP5X Balls. Are Out Of This World. The Best Of The Best. Period ! Hands Down Without Question. Cheers I Toast 2 You (smile) Darryl Plus5Golfer from Baltimore, Maryland
0 Kudos
lentscher
Occasional Contributor
Where in MN are you at? I miss some of my old MN tracks and completely understand the feeling of being a club short in the spring. My family moved to WA and still get that a bit in the winter but it's more of a gradual progression out here.

I'm excited to try out some of the new TP5s in the wind. I played Chambers Bay last week and the wind was brutal.
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

@lentscher wrote:
Where in MN are you at? I miss some of my old MN tracks and completely understand the feeling of being a club short in the spring. My family moved to WA and still get that a bit in the winter but it's more of a gradual progression out here.

I'm excited to try out some of the new TP5s in the wind. I played Chambers Bay last week and the wind was brutal.

Minneapolis area. I have a couple of courses I play regularily, but I'm fortunate enough to get on a bunch of the good ones here via MGA events. The state am is at Interlachen this year. Love that place.

I found the TP5x to be slightly better in the wind than the TP5, but I love the all around performance of the TP5 so much that it's now firmly in the bag. I love this ball.

0 Kudos
lentscher
Occasional Contributor
Nice! I worked grounds one summer at Interlachen when I was teaching HS out there. Great course. I got to play Hazeltine a couple times as well but my go to was the Chaska Town Course.
0 Kudos
drbrianmann
Contributor

Has anybody hit any of the newer cheap high performance balls? Like Kirkland Signature? 

0 Kudos
varunyerramsett
New Contributor

The TP5 ball feels really good off the putter. That's honestly what surprised me the most when i first tried it out. It seems to go further in the wind, but about the same distance in static conditions.

0 Kudos