Taylormade Tour Headcovers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Besh
New Contributor

Does TM produce any Tour Issue/Rare headcovers for tour players? Similar to SC or Odyssey for Majors/Special Tourneys/ETC? I have a collection of both SC and OD and would love to add some TM offerings to that collection. 

Cheers, 

@Blocker

0 Kudos
TK3309
Occasional Contributor

TaylorMade does release some limited quanities of their Major Collections such as bags and headcovers to the general public that are the same ones used by tour players during the 4 majors. The US Open headcovers are still available on the website as are the US Open and British Open staff bags. 

The headcover I keep trying to find is the white Stitch fairway headcover that was made for the TaylorMade staff players this year but from the sounds of it those were very limited quanity and only found on the tour truck.

Besh
New Contributor

It might be worth giving some thought to coming out with a limited/tour putter cover. Lots of interest if done in the right way. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Besh wrote:

It might be worth giving some thought to coming out with a limited/tour putter cover. Lots of interest if done in the right way. 

They had putter covers available for the Masters and US Open. The only bummer was that the cover was for a blade style putter and not the Spider Tour, even though the Spider was the hottest putter on the market at the time. Perhaps when they ordered the Majors gear months before, they didn't accurately forecast the future demand for the Spider. That was a miss; no way around it. I know 10 guys who would have ordered majors collection Spider covers, but ended up ordering nothing.

I used to be in the Scotty headcover game years ago. Had to get out because things just got silly and ridiculous. I'm a fan of the holistic approach TaylorMade takes to their limited offerings. Everything fits together and compliments each other, bags and headcovers. I don't think I'd be in favor of a plan that would stray from that. Releasing limited headcovers for headcovers sake is a money grab straight out of SC's playbook. Count me out on that.