Tiger's "TWPhase1" Irons

Community Manager
Community Manager

So...what do you all think so far of the Tiger's new Irons?

Here's the scoop...basically, we've been working closely with Tiger on the development, creation and refinement of a TaylorMade set of irons that meet his precise standards and preferences. We'll continue to develop future iterations of Tiger’s prototype irons, the “TW·Phase1” just marks Tiger’s initial transition into a TaylorMade set.

Based on the positive feedback and excitement expressed by Tiger regarding upcoming prototypes, we are encouraged by the on-going creation process and look forward to what’s in store for the next phase of Tiger’s irons. More to follow.

BA8I7678.jpgBA8I7673.jpgBA8I7714.jpgBA8I7701.jpg

@ryanlauder66
PTriple
New Contributor

SWEET!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
TPfore84
Occasional Contributor
So clean. They look like money!!!!
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I love the phased approach. Get him into something that's familar and comortable, while at the same time continue work on TW protos. Win-win, and will make for a great story when he wins this week at Quail Smiley Very Happy

Aesthetically, these blades are nearly perfect. Using the T logo on the toe rather than the full TaylorMade wordmark was an inspired choice. Such a clean look.

rbauchman
Contributor

So clean looking. I read an article on Bleacher Report about them. It was interesting to hear about the development process, and how it took about a year to get to the first phase. Will be interesting to see how he plays them this week at the Wells Fargo Championship, given that Quail Hollow is a redesigned track he hasn't seen in a while, and what tweaks may come out of it that would go into phase 2. I also read he wasn't happy with his iron play in the final rounds of The Masters, so hopefully these will turn it around for him. 

Did you guys get to interact with him at all while he was testing out at HQ? It's been great as a fan to see a more relaxed, fun side to him during this most recent comeback.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Tiger's website had an interesting post yesterday in which he said, “The biggest challenge was finding the right metal and groove configurations.”  Smiley Surprised

I am fascinated by the thought of working with Tiger to come up with the right metal composition for a new iron. What an amazing experience it would be to work with someone who is that dialed in. I definitely chose the wrong profession.

Dneal18
Will these be available for sale?
Dpggolf
New Contributor
I
I really think it is cool taylormade takes into account the top pros view on certain clubs. Just like the rors proto now the p730. It makes sense and to have something they are comfortable playing. If Tiger is playing an iron its because he wants to. And it meets his needs as a golfer. And that gives consumers confidence when buying.