Too low spin rates on M3 driver

chris3329
New Contributor

Looking for some advice on how to increase my spin rate with the M3 driver. a ball speed around 145, my launch angle is good around 13, but my spin rate is low around 1000. I have a Griphite Design Tour AD 6I shaft, it is suppose to be a high launch low spin shaft but too low spin. But Stock shaft (Tensei Blue stiff) is bout 1800~2200 spin rate. How can I increase the spin rate with Tour AD 6?

Please help

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Chris, to start with you can move the weights to the back of the head and split them (see below) and the then you can also increase the loft. That would help to increase the spin. Let us know how you get on.Screenshot 2018-03-27 14.09.36.png

@ryanlauder66
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

In addition to Ryan's great info, I'd also add that ~1000 rpm is a big difference between two shafts and there might be more going on than just the Tour AD-DI being a lower spin shaft. I'd suggest you might also want to compare impact location between the two shafts using some foot spray powder (Dr. Scholl's Odor-X, for example).

It's possible that your particular swing dynamics cause one shaft's bend profile to give/remove a little more toe droop than the other. That can cause your strike location to vary on the face. If the DI is a little higher on the face, that would cut spin. If the Tensei Blue is lower on the face, that would add spin. If I was in your shoes, I'd be curious to see what the spin is with each shaft for center strikes. That way you're comparing apples to apples. Good luck!

0 Kudos
chris3329
New Contributor

I tried to put this way as your advice with both shafts. and I rotate to the higher position. 

But the results were same. The ball flew like a knuckle ball. I try to hit top of face, middle, and lower face. 

Are there any other ways to increase spin rates? 

Thanks for your help. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
BL
Contributor

1000rpm seems incredibly low.  Out of curiosity, what's your attack angle?   

0 Kudos