What club do you want Taylormade to bring out?

Han_Solo
New Contributor

I agree with several of the other posters.

A mini driver would be really interesting because of the addtional forgiveness as a tee club over a 3 wood and potential to be more useful than a driver depending on how a course is set up.

Most manufacturers, TM included, offer clubs that benefit to a wide range of golfers; however, it seems that if you're a good player, some of the clubs that are most useful for you tend to be clubs that may be TOUR Only.  And if you want access to it, you have to access the gray market of eBay and the sort.  It would be really awesome if some of the stuff was available at least on a Custom Order basis vs only a Vault release.  Clubs that I think would fall under this category have already been mentioned, i.e., M2 Tour 5 wood and TS, Raw wedges, etc. 

As an example, some better players have been known to switch clubs based on the course and conditions.  Now adjustability is nice; however, you're playing with face angles and lie angles to set those different lofts, but it would be nice to be able to have the same look and feel so that the club is adjusted to the player, rather than the player having to adjust to the club to access a stronger or weaker loft for a different course.  There are courses, like Carlton Oaks in San Diego, where an M2 Tour TS would be a better choice rather than an M2 Tour 15 because you don't hit a lot of drivers on that course, but having a stronger 3 wood is really nice to have.  I use this as an example because two of the best (Tiger and Phil) also do this sort of thing.  This is also an example where a TS or Mini driver could be interchangeable.

Other than that, I think Taylormade does an excellent job of producing clubs that appeal and perform for golfers of varying skill levels.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

It just occurred to me what club I'd like to see: A raw Milled Grind wedge with replaceable EF face inserts. Just combine all the wedge tech ideas into one wedge.

I'm a fan of the MG soles. Let's keep that idea. I was a fan of the EF face becuase of the precise tolerances you can get from that process. Let's use that. I also thought the idea of swappable face inserts was great beause I don't want to buy a new wedge all the time if the one I have is perfect. Just let me freshen up the grooves for $50.

Now, the counter argument will be that with the MG sole, you don't need to worry about getting new wedges because all the soles will be the same. No differences in the sole grinds between one and another. I get that, but I don't want to buy a new wedge 2-3 times a year. It adds up.

0 Kudos
Rdmaul
New Contributor

Just give me RAW milled grinds please...For the love of GOD PLEASE!!!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Rdmaul wrote:

Just give me RAW milled grinds please...For the love of GOD PLEASE!!!

Get in line...LOL

I just don't see it happening, unfortunately. Too many companies have been burned by rusty wedges sitting on display in the big box stores because the average player has no idea what they are. All I want is for them to be made available somehow, even if it's at a premium like raw Vokeys on WedgeWorks.

0 Kudos
Rdmaul
New Contributor

I dont care if its a custom shop premium option, I will order them immedietly 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dpggolf
New Contributor

Some black p730 would be a nice set like the p790
0 Kudos