putter

junior01
New Contributor

Gents

Hope all is well with everyone, I wish and hope Taylormade will come out with a 100 percent milled putter as I have seen one that Martin Kaymer this year at Augusta. It looked like a Juno but all milled and no insert, Please Taylormade make one for retail of a limited edition run!!!

0 Kudos
drewcatc
Contributor

looks like DJ is rolling a proto this week

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Maybe they'll do a limited release if someone wins a major with one. They've done limited releases like that in the past, which is how I got my JDay proto. But aside from that, I'm not expecting to see a milled putter with no insert in the retail lineup. Too difficult of a market to survive in against the existing brand incumbant.

0 Kudos
junior01
New Contributor

Milled putters are great and I think that putting is all about the sound and when you have sound you generally have a better feel for speed and how hard to hit a put. I generally think the technology of the inserst is great but it takes away for sound and feel which is what you get with a miled head or any putter without inserts. Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

@junior01 wrote:

Milled putters are great and I think that putting is all about the sound and when you have sound you generally have a better feel for speed and how hard to hit a put. I generally think the technology of the inserst is great but it takes away for sound and feel which is what you get with a miled head or any putter without inserts. Any thoughts?

There's nothing inherent to a 100% milled putter that makes it sound (aka feel) better than a putter with an insert. But I guess 20 years of marketing will make people believe that it matters. If anything, inserts give a putter maker more flexiblity in tuning the sound and therefore the feel.

Milled putters can feel great, or feel bad. Insert putters can feel great, or feel bad. It all depends on the materials used within the context of the design.

0 Kudos