Playing with a (aging) TOUR Pro tomorrow

Regular Contributor

This is just a casual round with friends that I some how finagled my way into for the second year in a row. After consulting with my consigliere @ChrisEdwards, we thought it would be fun if I had a little $10 Nassau going with the pro, unbeknownst to him.

I'm a 10.2 index and we're calling him a +5. We'll most likely be playing the tips of a pretty tough golf course which would put me as a 13 course HDCP. Regardless of tees, we'll keep the strokes at 18 (a pop a hole) to keep things simple.

In an effort for me to take this more seriously, I'll be donating any losses to Folds of Honor, a charitable organization that looks after the families of fallen and disabled service men/women. Chose FOH because the mutual friend who extended me the invite is a decorated marine. I'm also absurdly frugal so the monetary interest will add some legit pressure. 

Lastly, I'll be recording the experience on my phone in real-time on how the match is progressing and write up a nice little wrapup blog over the weekend. Would love to hear your predictions. Also if you have any questions you want me to ask him or want to know anything else regarding the experience, don't hesitate let me know and I'll do my best to deliver!

Content/Social Media Manager at TaylorMade Golf
Regular Contributor

My prediction is that you'll win a side, lose a side, and lose total in a tight match. Rationale: the pro is going to minimize his bogeys, meaning you'll have to make a lot of pars to win holes. Additionally, playing from the tips on a difficult course will bring more doubles than average into play for you. The match should be close, but I think the pro nips you.

Let us know how it goes!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

What a dead-on description. Won the front by won. Loss the back by 2 and the total by 1. We played another 9 after the first 18 though and won by 4, and thats with him having 3 birdies on the last nine. 

Also shot 48, 47, 39.

Content/Social Media Manager at TaylorMade Golf
Regular Contributor

Nice 3rd nine!

Being a +4, I've had my fair share of matches like this, so I had a decent sense of how it might go.

rbauchman
Contributor

Nice work out there, especially on the back. And cool of you to donate to FOH...a great organization. Even though he isn't part of Team TM, it's cool to see Gary Woodland support FOH.

So what course did you play and any hints on the mystery (aging) Tour Pro?

0 Kudos