Torrey Pines

drbrianmann
Contributor

My wife and I are going on vacation to San Diego and I'm playing at Torrey South on Monday.

Has anyone played it? If so any advice? Things to take pictures of in the club house, questions to ask, memorable spots on the course (obviously the entire 2008 US Open), etc.

I'm excited to get out there and see it!

rjmattingly
Contributor

I played once. I took pictures of everything. I went full on tourist when i was there. I thought the best part was the veiws of the rocky cliff type walls going down to the ocean. I also loved the gliders and the military training over head. I got a fly over when I tee'd off. 

Just relax and enjoy it. 

0 Kudos
drbrianmann
Contributor

Thanks so much for your feedback! I am a huge Tiger fan so I can't wait to get out there and see it. I will probably go full tourist mode too haha.

0 Kudos
HurstyGolf
Occasional Contributor

Hey Brian-

I'm lucky enough to play there about twice a month and it is a great experience every time.  Definitely grab a bite to eat in "The Lodge" after your round. They have good food and a great beer/wine list.

The standard "Torrey" photo is on hole #3 tee box. If it is a clear enough day you can see all of La Jolla and sometimes all the way to downtown, but you can't go wrong taking photos on nearly every hole because the backdrop is epic.

The course will probably beat you up a little bit because it is super tough, but it is in great shape right now and the greens were rolling great the last time I was out there.

Enjoy it!!!

Social Media | TaylorMade Golf
@HurstyGolf
Regular Contributor

I played Torrey North for the first time this past winter.

3 - worth the hype, err short and right. 

4 - bitter sweet as its a really pretty golf hole but plays like a par 5 

16 - first time i played it they had the stands up which was an  awesome golf experience. Still a good tough par 3 regardless

18 - one of my favorite golf holes. that little pond on the left really makes you think. 

The back 9 is one of the best in the game. Bring your patience!

Content/Social Media Manager at TaylorMade Golf
0 Kudos
drbrianmann
Contributor

Thanks everyone!

I had an amazing time out there.

Can't believe it's already been a week since I played it!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HandyManny
Occasional Contributor
I was in SD 2 weeks ago and made it a priority to visit Torrey Pines golf course. I didn't take many pics since i was on a tight schedule, but it was definitely beautiful. I picked up some scorecards, a yardage book and 2 custom engraved bag tags for a friend and I. You'll love it I'm sure. I just wish I could have actually golfed there lol