True Path Alignment Technology

Highlighted
Super Contributor
Who’s tried the True Path Alignment Technology in the SpiderX? What are your thoughts on it, and does it help you with alignment and seeing the line to the hole?

I’ve been testing the MySpiderX against my Spider Tour gamer. After all my testing the MySpiderX is staying in the bag for sure.

The alignment is unreal with the True Path Alignment feature. I feel like I can trace the white line right to the hole and see the putt so much better. My problem in the past was I would read the line, then stand over the ball and see a different line and adjust. Now I feel as though I’m synced up with reading my line.

What are your experiences with TPA tech? Do you game the SpiderX without TPA?

#TeamTaylorMade
Regular Contributor

True Path Alignment just isn't for me, nor is any sort of alignment line for that matter. I need a visual separation between the ball and a sight line or else I can't line the putter up correctly. Having alignment help right next to the ball also adds tension to my stroke because I'm subconscously trying to be perfect with impact rather than just freely making the stroke and trusting that I'll find the center of the face.

In the case of the Spider X, I'm thankful to have been able to get the plain top version through the My Spider X program. There's hint of alignment help, but it's back away from the head enough that it doesn't affect how I aim the putter or my stroke.

The white alignment aid is clearly helping a lot of people, however.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor
I hear you, it is all about what is most effective for you. I really like the Spider Tour with no sightline when I started using it. Allowed me to stop worrying about alignment and just worry about the stroke. But somewhere along the way I found I wanted an alignment aid. The white helps with this even more than just a thing sightline for me, and it’s paying dividends on the course lately.

You said you made a MySpiderX, did you get the all white like JDay? That is such an iconic look.

#TeamTaylorMade
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I went all black, just like my JDay Itsy Bitsy proto.

MySpiderX-top.jpg

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

That is a sweet looking spider. The black on black is a great look for the SpiderX. I wanted to get away from the all black set up I had with Spider Tour. So this time added some color and it’s been working out very well, really refreshing look at address.

IMG_2102 (2).jpg

#TeamTaylorMade
0 Kudos