Walking the Course at Historic Baltusrol

Community Manager
Community Manager

5DM34814.JPG

This year, I was fortunate enough to travel to Springfield, NJ for the 2016 PGA Championship at Baltusrol.

Immediately, I was struck my the pure nature of the course. As expected with a major championship, the fairways, greens, rough, and bunkers were in absolutely impeccable form. The rough was deep, the fairways were clean, the greens were nuanced and tricky, and the bunkers were unique in that they were pristinely ranked and then rolled along the edges to allow balls to roll down into the center of the trap.

5DM34614.JPG

Throughout the course, there were many dramatic views. Among my favorites were the approach shot into #3, the dramatic backdrop of the grandstands on the par-3 4th, and the entire 18th hole—characterized by a pond hugging the left side of the fairway, serveral bunkers protecting the green, and the iconic clubhouse looming in the background.

5DM35042.JPG

5DM35148.JPG

I'm excited to see how things play out this weekend, especially with the par 5, par 5 finish... this is sure to provide some fireworks on Sunday!

If you have any questions, contributions, or additional insight into what it's like at Baltusrol, please comment and add to this thread!

Here are some additional photos from my experience at the 2016 PGA Championship:

5DM34664.JPG

5DM34664.JPG

5DM35029.JPG

5DM35103.JPG

Chris Edwards
Copywriter — TaylorMade Golf
0 Kudos