Walking vs Riding

Super Contributor
What is your preference while playing? I used to carry a lot in past years, but book a lot of rounds through GolfNow and the cart comes with the round. While it is convenient, there much more waiting as we drive up fast and wait behind the group in front of us.

This season I bought a ClicGear push cart and it was well worth the money. The $18 or so dollars in savings each 18 hole round plus the health benefits are well worth the investment in a great cart.

I find that the round is still just as fast as riding but much less stressful and enjoyable. Highly recommend it.

#TeamTaylorMade
TinkerGolfMan
Contributor

Agreed here with the GolfNow+Cart finds! 

I do love to walk also along my my ClicGear as well! Have you looked into getting the seat that attaches to the ClicGear? Might help during those waits on each hole: 

https://www.amazon.com/Clicgear-CGCS01-Push-Cart-Seat/dp/B004YJ22FO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=154689298...

also, I reccomend the cozy to help stabilibe a stand bag if that's what you use:

https://www.amazon.com/Clicgear-Cozy-Golf-Stand-Bags/dp/B00H2DZ526/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1546893004...

Other than that, love walking when I can to save $$$ and get some healthy walking in. 

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

I do not have the seat for it, but I can see that coming in handy big time for those really long rounds where we are standing around a lot. I currently have the GPS holder that I use for my rangefinder. I put the sticky mount on the side of my Nikon and it clips right in and its right in reach for when I need to peg the pin.

I will also be looking at getting one of the larger storage nets to put off the bag, as I am finding that for colder morning starts it would be very nice to have more storage when the layers come off when it starts to warm up.

#TeamTaylorMade
TinkerGolfMan
Contributor

Agreed with the extra storage! Great idea there! 

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Yes, it will certainly come in handy.

Here is the link for that extra storage net.

https://www.amazon.com/Clicgear-Mesh-Storage-Net-Black/dp/B01KGFVUKC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=15470355...

#TeamTaylorMade
TinkerGolfMan
Contributor

Thanks!

0 Kudos
cwehkrae
Occasional Contributor

I always play better when i walk the course. My concentration is much better, i have more time to analyze my next shot, and am less irritated waiting for group in front of me to move on.  

Highlighted
Super Contributor
Same here. I find most courses around here have slower than average play. Hitting then getting in the cart and hauling up to the ball, just to sit and wait. Atleast when we walk it gives the group ahead time move on, and it ends up seeming much faster. Plus you can’t beat the exercise aspect!

#TeamTaylorMade
0 Kudos
Shoopasuarus
New Contributor

I think I have finally found a solution to this question!

I am a former College Golfer so I know all about walking 36 holes a day but since I graduated I was thrilled to use a cart. Although as the years go by I miss walking more and more. It helps you feel more of the course and landscape around you. It is a bummer Golf Now only does riding rates but most courses allow you to book cheaper walking rates with them directly. The biggest problem I face now was toting around a hefty bag for 18 holes until I decided to expirement with a lighter sunday bag version. Not only do I use a lighter single shoulder carry bag but I have removed half my clubs. I am currently gaming a Driver, 5-wood, 5 iron, 7 iron, 9 iron, 58 degree and putter and If I am being honest it is making the game more fun having to hit different shots. However I was still suprised at how close I still was to full shots even with dropping 7 clubs. I don't always go to the sunday setup but let me tell you it is extremly light and makes walking a fun course even more enjoyable when the weather is nice. Plus I believe it is actually faster than cart golf! Give it a shot! 

0 Kudos
Super Contributor
On days we know we’re gonna play 36 we’ll take a push cart, but on 18 hole or 27 hole days walking with the clicgear is the only way to go. Keeps a better pace and keeps me in the game better. I find it very relaxing and great exercise.

#TeamTaylorMade
0 Kudos