What is your favorite match format to play

Frequent Contributor

Good afternoon,

I'm curious if any of you play fun formats with your golfing buddies and what your favorite is. I mostly play stroke play but have participated in several captain's choice tournaments for charities and work. I've played match play a couple times and just tried battle golf for the first time (where the person who wins the hole takes a club out of the other player's bag). It was fun but stressful, we both ended up with a mixed bag and my buddy plays m2 irons with the loft and lie adjusted a few degrees so I never felt comfortable hitting the clubs of his that I took. It made me wonder if there were any other formats I was missing out on.

0 Kudos
The303
Occasional Contributor
Match play
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Match play Nassau as singles or teams. 

COD (Carts Others Drivers) and Wolf can be fun if it's a more casual round, but for more serious games, I like to keep the same teams with auto presses. Makes it more competitive. 

Content/Social Media Manager at TaylorMade Golf
Highlighted
BL
Contributor

Nassaus.  Press when p!ssed.  

DennisMiller
Contributor

My Monday morning bunch only plays for fun. None of us plays tournaments anymore, but occasionally we'll do something silly.

We'll play 2 man scrambles sometimes. We've played low net with agreed upon handicaps, with a twist. Whoever is leading when the drink cart pulls around pays. It could be anywhere on the course. Each time the drink cart stops, a new match starts. The overall winners get free lunch sometimes.

Since the leaders on the course buy drinks and the losers overall buy lunch, it usually works out pretty even. If we don't have lunch, nobody complains.

0 Kudos