How do you watch golf?: Cable or OTT?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Following the PGA TOUR's deal with Discovery announced earlier this year, GOLFTV rolls out early in 2019 with the many international markets being able to stream live coverage OTT (over-the-top) instead of having it bundled in a cable package.

Would you prefer to continue to watch live golf via your cable provider package or would you prefer to pay a dedicated monthly subscription for live golf?

Here's the recent announcement from Discovery about GOLFTV:

GOLFTV rolls out

As and when PGA TOUR's broadcast contracts expire in each territory, they're going OTT via Discovery's platform and distribution power.

Screenshot 2018-10-23 11.31.31.pngGOLFTV International market roll out

GOLFTV PGA TOUR.png

@ryanlauder66
Regular Contributor

This is interesting as my cable provider only shows Golf Channel on the highest dollar TV packages. I can watch when the rounds are on the local channels, but there are many times where I can only see it on Golf Channel. I wish there was an a la carte option to add single channels such as Golf Channel.

#TeamTaylorMade
rbauchman
Contributor

I'm a bit traditional in that I like watching live golf on the networks (although painful on Fox) and through the Golf Channel. But will definitely consider this new GOLFTV package, as I'm a frequent viewer on the weekends in winter through summer.

0 Kudos