If you could play in one PGA Tour event (Majors Excluded) what would it be?

Community Manager
Community Manager

For me it would have to be either Northern Trust Open or Waste Management.

Northern Trust: Riviera CC is the best track I've ever played and it's close to home so family and friends would be able to come out. Santa Monica is a sweet town as well with some good eats.

Waste Management Phoenix Open: This is obvious, but feel like this has to be on everyone's short list just because this is unlike any other golf experience you will ever have....Aaaand I hear the course is pretty pure as well.

Social Media | TaylorMade Golf
@HurstyGolf
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'd do Riv in SAMO if you didn't take it. 

In attempt to be original, I'd take a spot in THE PLAYERS. Safeway Open in Napa would be good for a chiller tournament since the field is relatively weak and Napa is heaven on earth. 

Content/Social Media Manager at TaylorMade Golf
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

The BMW Championship is at Crooked Stick in Indianapolis this year. The Memorial at Muirfield would be my next choice.

0 Kudos
Bad_At_Golf
Occasional Contributor

Despite the millions of others that have The Players on their wish list, I'll have to say that's my number one choice. The Tour Event is one thing - so much hype and history rolled in to four days! But the course, TPC Sawgrass, has always been my #1 since the first time I went around it in Tiger Woods PGA Tour. Something about that track just seems perfect to me. It's on my bucket list for sure.

drbrianmann
Contributor

Awesome question!

I think TPC Sawgrass is the obvious answer so I'll try to come up with something else. The Waste Management would be a blast. I can't imagine the crowd on 16. 

If I'm not allowed to pick either one of those I would go with either of the events in Hawaii. 

0 Kudos
Cmtrusdle
New Contributor
Pebble Beach pro-am and please put me with Bill Murrays (sp?) group lol
0 Kudos
Highlighted
EricWGolf
New Contributor

WGC Dell Technologies Match Play.  Because WGC and match play. 

WGC Match Play

0 Kudos
Todd3pc
Occasional Contributor
Either the waste management or The Players
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Gotta go with The Memorial. Back when the Players was in March, the Memorial was always the event that seemed to kick off the summer and it still feels like that due to it's timing near the US Open. Great course, great field, great host.

Second choice would be an oldie that no longer exists. I always loved The International in Colorado. Modified Stableford scoring and hitting the ball father at altitude? Sign me up.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
So many of my favorites are taken so it's getting hard to be original. I was going to put the Memorial because it's Jack's tournament and I really want to play Muirfield Village but someone beat me to it. I'll go with the Farmers Insurance Open because I love the Torrey Pines courses!