The Barclays Insights

ChrisEdwards
Occasional Contributor

Good question, Jimmy.

I had the chance to walk a few practice holes with DJ this weekend and I asked him your question about whether his pre-round practice routine changes at all based on how he was hitting the ball the previous day.

Right away DJ answered, "Not at all." He told me that he goes through the exact routine each morning regardless of the previous round. He mentioned that in rare situations, if one part of his game was particularly poor, he will go to the range after the round to work it out. But on a day-to-day basis, his practice regiment remains the same. I guess consistency breeds consistency!

Chris Edwards
Copywriter — TaylorMade Golf
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

@HurstyGolf Thanks for the detailed response, Josh. I definitely fall into the 1 practice round trap at times...and have the battle scars to prove it.

jpodolski31
Occasional Contributor

@ChrisEdwards and @Orrrie I will be out there on Saturday, hopefully I run into you guys!  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ChrisEdwards
Occasional Contributor

@jpodolski31 I wish! We flew back to Carlsbad last night after the practice rounds.

But while you're there, I definitely suggest walking the whole course to experience what a beast it is, especially if you havent been there before. Also, if you want to sit down after your walk, the grandstands behind #17 green offer a cool view at the long par 3 and if you sit at the top, you can also turn around to see tee shots on #18. Hope you enjoy the tournament!

Chris Edwards
Copywriter — TaylorMade Golf