The Greatest Golf Week of the Year — Favorite Masters Tradition?

Community Manager
Community Manager

What is your favorite Masters tradition that either you do every year or that you love seeing on TV?

For me, this is by far the greatest week of the year. I really don't miss any coverage and know everything that is going on the entire time, some may say I am obsessed and I am completely fine with that. I can't get enough Masters coverage and just love getting 3-4 TVs going synced up with all the streaming masters.com provides. 

Enjoy the week everyone! It comes and goes too quick.

Social Media | TaylorMade Golf
@HurstyGolf
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I'm not the only one who scripts my outfits for the week, right? (Right?) Gotta wear that green and yellow to work.

This is far and away my favorite week of the year, and nothing comes close. Prior to the tournament, I'm checking the Masters app for any new videos, watching coverage on the range, and at night Live From is on the TV all night long. During the competition, it's multiple screens all streaming the the app while I'm at work.

About the only thing I don't care for is the Par 3 contest. I used to love it, but the ESPN coverage over the last couple of years has ruined it a bit for me. Don't get me wrong, I still watch every second, but it's now something I put up with rather than enjoy.

Monolithicdawg
This will be only the 4th year in the past 27 that I have not gone to the Masters at least one day. I have tons of great memories, but nothing was as fun as Sunday in 95, the 2nd win for Crenshaw, as we sat behind the hole at 16 betting dollars on anything (winner of the previous bet got to pick the next bet). It was a bit less about the tournament, and more about being in a spectacular place with good friends watching the best golfers on a great hole.

By the way, if you ever go, bet your friends $5 for any weed they find on the course, and $5/ea if they don't find one. First of all, in my 23years, I have only seen a handful, but almost everyone walked with their head up to view everything, so they don't look down to find any weeds!
HillaryWyse
Occasional Contributor

I absolutely script my outfits as well! 

I cannot miss any coverage, so I get to work just a little earlier than normal to make sure I have control of the remote in my area of the office.  I keep it streaming on my laptop as well.  Saturday & Sunday typically involve lots of champagne while sitting in front of the tv watching all things the Masters.  I make a wide array of appetizers as well, and yes, there's usually something with pimento cheese.  

For the final round, I have to wear my dad's Augusta golf shirt.  It's absolutely massive and looks ridiculous, but hey...it's (a) tradition (unlike any other).  

jpodolski31
Occasional Contributor

Every Masters Sunday, me and the guys start off the day off with an early round of golf.  Afterwards, head to the bar to grab some lunch and watch the pre-round coverage, before ultimately heading back to someones house to see how it all shakes out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
BCULAW
New Contributor
I've said for years that, if I was told that I could watch only one sporting event the rest of my life, it would be the Masters and it would be an easy decision. I love everything about the tournament.

Every year, I skip work on Thursday (no work today) and stock up on pimento cheese and wonder bread. I'll load up a couple of iPads for "featured group" and "amen corner" coverage with the network coverage on tv. I'll work in Friday, but you will see multiple tablets on my desk with non-stop coverage.

And, yes, I do script my Masters week attire.

Happy Masters Thursday, boys and girls!!!!
0 Kudos