Tiger is back!

Regular Contributor

Who's watching?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Was that a serious question Jesse?? WHO'S NOT WATCHING MORE LIKE!Smiley Very Happy

So good to have him back.

• Driver: M2 (2016) 9.5 degrees, Mitsubishi Rayon Tensei 70-X
  • FW: M1 (2017) 15 degrees, Mitsubishi Rayon Tensei 90-X
  • UDI: 2 iron 18 degrees, Pxi 7.0

GettyImages-882972282.jpg

@ryanlauder66
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Ryan wrote:

Was that a serious question Jesse?? WHO'S NOT WATCHING MORE LIKE!Smiley Very Happy

Hahaha...no kidding. I was fishing for some commentary from folks.

That M2 driver sure looks good in his hands!

0 Kudos
TK3309
Contributor

Maybe there is a correlation between Tiger and driving it well now??

Also, how about that 3 wood into 9? Wow. Hopefully he keeps this up throughout the tournament. I think just about everyone doubted we'd ever seen Tiger in contention again, even if some say this is an "exhibiton". This is just awesome so watch.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
His driver was a weapon and not a liability. If he can keep driving the ball that well and knock the rust off his short game he can contend. I'm hoping he can find that winning form again!
0 Kudos
DNice2626

His swing looks incredible.  Honestly.....I'm thinking he is back.....and in a BIG way.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

We agree. He was killing it at a shoot we did with him a couple of weeks back. Very excited here.Smiley Very Happy

@ryanlauder66
0 Kudos
jas904

Like everyone else, I'm beyond excited for 2018. It was so good to see him back. He appeared happy and healthy. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I hope Tiger is truly healthy again, because I want to see what he can do against the kids. He won't have that same mental advantage as he had 15 years ago because the newcomers all grew up in the Tiger era. They saw him do it and therefore that level of success became an attainable feat; a bit like when Roger Bannister broke the 4 minute mile barrier and then everyone started doing it.

But Tiger didn't win by overpowering courses as much as he meticulously took them apart. His course management and discipline was as good as we've ever seen. That doesn't go away with age. If he's healthy, he's going to be in contention a lot.

A healthy Tiger. A healthy Rory. Plus the rest of the staff. 2018 could be a banner year for Team TaylorMade. I can't wait.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Bomber_11
Occasional Contributor

Tiger Time!

One time I want to see Rory, DJ, Spieth, JT, Day, etc. and TW all playing hot down the stretch of a tournament.

Those guys haven't had to deal with the Tiger Roars before while you know he's hunting you down!