Tiger is back!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Contributor

Bomber_11 wrote:

Tiger Time!

One time I want to see Rory, DJ, Spieth, JT, Day, etc. and TW all playing hot down the stretch of a tournament.

Those guys haven't had to deal with the Tiger Roars before while you know he's hunting you down! 

That's the one thing that we missed during the Tiger era. The head-to-head battles with other big names never really materialized all that often (apologies to Bob May, YE, and teenage Sergio). It's the nature of the game, but it would be amazing to see a modern day "Duel in the Sun" type of showdown involving any of the big names.

0 Kudos
Kylekoz17
New Contributor

I always have to watch every single shot when Tiger plays.  Can’t say that about any other golfer!

Dadwholuvsgolf
New Contributor

Who care that TIGER is back. Now we wont see any other golfers play golf all the networks will show is just TIGER. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Dadwholuvsgolf wrote:

Who care that TIGER is back. Now we wont see any other golfers play golf all the networks will show is just TIGER. 

I care, as do millions of other fans. Tiger moves the needle. How else do you explain the buzz and excitement for his event in Albany? It's a silly season event with 18 players, but the golf world lost it's freakin' mind that Tiger appeared healthy and played as well as he did. Tiger Woods is the greatest player of the modern era and quite possibly the greatest to ever play the game. He's going to attract coverage.

The past couple of years of coverage without Tiger has shown that he is not the problem. Spieth or JT in contention? That's all you'll see. It's the networks' attempts at producing the broadcasts in a way to create drama that is to blame here. But they need to do that to keep casual golf fans engaged. A hardcore fan like myself would prefer they just cut from player to player with limited fluff, but the average golf fan needs the broadcast to create some tension to keep them captivated.

The PGA Tour Live subscription was top notch last year. I'm hopefull the Tour will be moving more in this direction in the future.

Highlighted
Bomber_11
Occasional Contributor

Very well said 

Top Kudoed Posts