Bugs/Suggestions

rjmattingly
Contributor

1 suggestion would be to make the pages longer. The "front page" only has 4 featured topics and 5 latest topics, there is a lot of good content that is getting buried and if this page takes off it could get buried quickly. 

The same can be said about the posts themselves since only 8-10 replies can be seen one page one. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

@rjmattingly wrote:

I agree on both points, The emails are pilling up and spell checker would be heplful. 

@holmoscar @Bad_At_Golf @rjmattingly - I've changed the email notification defaults to limit it to private messages. Also if you make a new topic, replies will be summarazied for you at the end of the week. I can change that to daily or never though. Would love to hear your input. 

If you're still seeing emails let me know. It might take an hour or two for the changes to apply as well. 

Content/Social Media Manager at TaylorMade Golf
0 Kudos
rjmattingly
Contributor

I think if you make a post a email summary weekly would be ok. I am glad to hear you turned it off for every reply. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Also, I left email notifications if people specifically mention you. That could be a bit aggressive though. Would love to hear thoughts on that as well.
0 Kudos
Bad_At_Golf
Occasional Contributor

@Allan My only concern with weekly emails instead of daily is that it may kill the thread - a week is a long time to wait for a reply notification, especially when the community gets a lot larger. Also, for more active users, if there is a lot of activity in a week, the email may contain so much info that its overwhelming.

Ultimately people will configure it however is best for them, so I think these are positive changes for the default. (this is where I'd put my thumbs up emoji... if I had one. Smiley Wink

minor 'bug' - was just logged out between the time I hit reply and post, causing me to have to re-draft this post. annoying.

also, would be nice if, when I click reply to a specific comment, it automatically inserted that author as a tag to begin the response.

0 Kudos
Bad_At_Golf
Occasional Contributor

Deleted.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Bad_At_Golf wrote:

@Allan My only concern with weekly emails instead of daily is that it may kill the thread - a week is a long time to wait for a reply notification, especially when the community gets a lot larger. Also, for more active users, if there is a lot of activity in a week, the email may contain so much info that its overwhelming.

Ultimately people will configure it however is best for them, so I think these are positive changes for the default. (this is where I'd put my thumbs up emoji... if I had one. Smiley Wink

minor 'bug' - was just logged out between the time I hit reply and post, causing me to have to re-draft this post. annoying.

also, would be nice if, when I click reply to a specific comment, it automatically inserted that author as a tag to begin the response.

Working on getting auto-quote reply context implemented. Same with spell check. 

Love the suggestions on email updates. I'll make the change now. I also changed the auto log out setting so you shouldn't run into losing your post content to sign in again. Let me know if you still have trouble with it. 

0 Kudos
Bad_At_Golf
Occasional Contributor

@Allan and another bug. I clicked post on that one and it sat 'thinking' for a minute ore two, so I hit post again and it double posted the response. looks like users arent able to delete their own post - I'm always a fan of users being able to delete, even if it leaves a mark saying 'comment deleted by user' or something like that. (PS. feel free to delete the duplicate above. Smiley Very Happy)

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rjmattingly wrote:

1 suggestion would be to make the pages longer. The "front page" only has 4 featured topics and 5 latest topics, there is a lot of good content that is getting buried and if this page takes off it could get buried quickly. 

The same can be said about the posts themselves since only 8-10 replies can be seen one page one. 

I think I have a good idea what you're talking about but can you please be more specific about the good content you think is buried? 

I'll extend the topic pages to show more replies now!

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Bad_At_Golf wrote:

@Allan and another bug. I clicked post on that one and it sat 'thinking' for a minute ore two, so I hit post again and it double posted the response. looks like users arent able to delete their own post - I'm always a fan of users being able to delete, even if it leaves a mark saying 'comment deleted by user' or something like that. (PS. feel free to delete the duplicate above. Smiley Very Happy)

Great call. Try deleting now and let me know!

0 Kudos